Author Topic: Registrations needed if available?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Disposable

Registrations needed if available?
« on: January 07, 2023, 04:18:28 PM »
I am willing to pay for a pack of registrations that can be used on the Tyros 2. I have bought a pack of styles from this site and I am very happy with them, I also bought the large pack of midi files from here and again am happy with the purchase. but there doesn't seem to be many registrations available for the Tyros 2? anyone that has any they are willing to share I would be grateful and I am willing to pay for them. :'(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 12:55:21 PM by Disposable »
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

I play the music, but the Cat plays the strings.

Offline Disposable

Re: Registrations needed if available?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »
Nobody?
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 01:23:52 PM »
I think that when many of us changed to Tyros 3,4,5, we adapted our Tyros2 registrations to these keyboards and now they will not load into tyros 2. I will have a look on my computer to see if I still have any.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 02:17:47 PM »
Hi Disposable,

Each of the Tyros2 Preset Styles contains 4 One Touch Settings (OTS), and most external Styles also have OTS. I recommend that you first listen to all Preset Styles one by one and play their OTS Voices. If Right Parts are deactivated, switch them on as a test with the relevant Part On/Off button. If you like the (Right) Voice combination of an OTS, memorize it on a Registration Memory button (e.g. #1) and save the Registration Bank using a meaningful file name for later use.

Important: For such "Voice Regs" (which should only switch the Right Voices, but not the current Style and the current Multi Pad), make sure that only the VOICE and HARMONY checkboxes are in the Memory dialog ticked. I always use the character "v" at the beginning of the Registration Bank file name for such Voice Regs, e.g. "vPianoStrings".

By the way, if you use several registrations per bank, you can give each registration, i.e. each button, a separate name in the REGISTRATION EDIT display (press both REGISTRATION -/+ buttons and then press EDIT). You can also leave the Registration Edit display open while playing and thus always have an overview of all Registration names of the current bank. Of course you can then also switch the registrations directly with the display buttons (A-I).

P.S.
If you also want to memorize the LEFT Voice in Registrations, the STYLE checkbox must also be ticked. In order to avoid that the current style is NOT changed later by such registrations, you would have to use a little trick. If you are interested in this method, just get in touch here. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 02:25:00 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 03:01:40 PM »
If you also want to memorize the LEFT Voice in Registrations, the STYLE checkbox must also be ticked. In order to avoid that the current style is NOT changed later by such registrations, you would have to use a little trick. If you are interested in this method, just get in touch here.

Chris. Please give more information...I'm interested.
On my DGX670 I use banks of favorite Voices, SAVED with Style Unticked which works well to play with any selected style..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:02:44 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline Disposable

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 03:35:46 PM »
Eileen, Thank you for any help you can give.  Chris, this is very helpful information, I am new to the Tyros 2 so it will take some time to explore everything, I used registrations extensively on an old Yamaha XG 530 years ago (that was a simple but great instrument), then went to a Thomann Stage Piano good piano sound and plenty of other voices to play with. By the way, I love Cats as well!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:37:26 PM by Disposable »

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 03:43:23 PM »
Chris. Please give more information...I'm interested.
On my DGX670 I use banks of favorite Voices, SAVED with Style Unticked which works well to play with any selected style.

Hi Graham,

The trick mentioned (to make a registration that changes the Left voice but not the Style later) is to memorize a style that cannot be found later when calling up the relevant registration. This preserves the currently loaded style. The easiest is the following method:

- Use a USB stick that you will never use later during normal playing.

- Copy any style (e.g. a preset style) to this USB stick and rename this style on the stick e.g. to "Dummy".

- Load the Dummy style from this USB stick.

- Make the desired Left voice settings and memorize the desired registrations with STYLE checkbox ticked. (If you also want to switch the Right voices, additionally tick the VOICE and KEYBOARD HARMONY check boxes.)

- Save the registration bank.

- Disconnect the USB stick that contains the Dummy style.

- When calling up the registrations saved with this trick, the memorized Dummy style can no longer be found, and the current style is retained as a result.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:54:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: RobertM

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 04:02:02 PM »
Chris. Understood and appreciated.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 04:05:48 PM »
Chris. Understood and appreciated.

Thanks for your quick feedback, Graham!

P.S.
Of course, instead of working with a USB stick that is only used for this purpose (i.e. normally not connected), you could also create the Dummy style in the internal User drive or on your normal USB stick and then after creating the relevant registrations delete or rename the Dummy style or move it to another folder so that it can no longer be found by the registrations. But the easiest way, as I said, is with an additional USB stick. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 04:09:54 PM by overover »

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 04:15:08 PM »
... Chris, this is very helpful information, I am new to the Tyros 2 so it will take some time to explore everything, I used registrations extensively on an old Yamaha XG 530 years ago (that was a simple but great instrument), then went to a Thomann Stage Piano good piano sound and plenty of other voices to play with. By the way, I love Cats as well!

Thanks for your kind feedback, Disposable!

By the way, we currently have four cats. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Disposable

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 10:26:41 AM »
I had 2 Moggies until just recently, but they were both very old and sadly died a couple of months ago. My wife took their loss very hard, so no more Cats until she can cope!