Author Topic: Genos Wifi  (Read 1840 times)

Genos Wifi
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:26:36 PM »
Hi all. I’ve just noticed my Genos has WiFi , what could this be used for if connected to my WiFi.

Offline Toril S

Re: Genos Wifi
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
The clock will automatically adjust to correct time, and you get a correct time stamp on your files. You can also load expansion packs from YEM to the keyboard.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline soryt

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:57:33 PM »
You can use the Yamaha aps suitable for the Genos and I-Pad thru Wifi  , Chord tracker ,Music soft manager ,visual performer and the Cloud audio recorder ( realy easy to use) .
For android there is only Chord Tracker available .

Soneg  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »
If you use Songbook+ for your sheet music, you can also hook up your Genos to your Ipad with WIFI and not  need an adaptor. Then you can have your keyboard control your sheet music and your sheet music control your keyboard. For an example. when you click on a registration, the corresponding sheet music, will cue up, and vice versa, if you click on a sheet music the corresponding registration will be selected on the keyboard.
I just set this up on my Genos yesterday, with some help from Fred Smith's video and others who have done this since Genos came out, and it is a real nice feature, if you have 1700 pieces of sheet  music as I do.
As stated above, it's for loading Expansion Packs as well.
Well worth configuring it, if you have a WIFI Network at your home.

Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
Hi ,thanks to all for the info. It looks like it’s worth a try.