Author Topic: Sx900 bonus playlist problem Please help  (Read 6768 times)

princem007

Sx900 bonus playlist problem Please help
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:27:38 AM »
I downloaded bonus playlist and loaded into sx900

When I try to play it says file not found .?

I have download file twice and unzipped correctly

Has anyone managed to have success with loading bonus playlist ?

Not working for me

Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Sx900 bonus playlist problem Please help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:03:41 AM »
I downloaded bonus playlist and loaded into sx900

When I try to play it says file not found .?

I have download file twice and unzipped correctly

Has anyone managed to have success with loading bonus playlist ?

Not working for me

It has to be on a USB stick. Is that your problem?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

andorra

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »
About the bonus playlist:  the bonus registers are in the usb stick in one complicated file structure what isn't necessary. A good solution is put all song registers into one folder in the usb stick and you can give it your own playlist later, or just find it with the perfect search function. I did it so in my SX700. Much better solution besides to download the Tyros 5 musicfinder file and import it !!! (1825 song register) The import does perfect match (OST) to the possibilities of your instrument. You can copy all theese registers later to the usb stick too.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:20:02 AM by andorra »

The following users thanked this post: Thore Thorsen

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »
The bonus playlist has to be saved to USB1 and used from there.

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »
 8) A little followup question, new owner of SX-900 for a week now! I installed the SX900 Bonus Playlist onto a USB stick, and it seems to work fine, although I noticed that when I load any of the songs, only 1 Registration gets loaded.

In a video from Tony at Bonners, he demo'd how to load the Genos Bonus list when that first came out. He made a point to emphasize that more than 1 registration was now loading. One song had 6 load up, another one had 10.  So, back to the SX-900, is this working correctly for me, when I see only 1 registration load up? It happens on every song --- maybe there is some setting that I need to adjust?

Can someone confirm an example of a song from the Bonus Playlist that loads more than 1 registration, or can you confirm that only 1 is supposed to load on the SX-900?    Thanks!!  Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 11:10:54 PM »
Hi ,
I only have 1 registration per bank , also, I assumed that’s all it is ?
I think Tony Bonners  registrations are their own.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

rcpilot

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 01:06:14 AM »
It cannot be in a subfolder.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 12:10:23 PM »
Yes playlist only has one registration plus you use the OTS for other voice variations. I think Tony has saved the OTS to registrations so he can use them without having to change variation. He also said he had made some of his own which he would give to people purchasing the keyboard from him. You can always add some of your favorite voices to these registrations and re-save in playlist.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 12:39:32 PM »
Good answer Eileen.
I load a song,which has an OTS loaded,and proceed to audition them before I memorize one.  After turning on LH(in my case),I make any needed adjustments in volume etc,and memorize.  If,when trying another OTS,you may decide you want that in another spot,or find something else.

It may take a little more time,but worth it,as I don't have to go back to it later to tweek.

Bernie

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 01:43:09 PM »
Great, thanks again, Rikki, rcpilot, and Eileen for your responses.
So it's working correctly for me, I do have them installed in the root of the USB drive.

I'm working through the Lessons on the site here posted by Joe Waters. Terrific resource for newbies to the SX-900. The Yamaha manuals are fine for looking things up, but I sure appreciate a plain language explanation with these concrete examples here! 8)
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

MarkuzblooM

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 06:03:11 AM »
Hello guys,

I have the same problem for this one.. I extracted the file in the root directory but still FIle not found. Any help please.

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 06:36:53 AM »
Hello guys,

I have the same problem for this one.. I extracted the file in the root directory but still FIle not found. Any help please.

Hi MarkuzblooM,

1) the file "BonusPlaylistForPSR-SX900.zip" contains a folder named "PSR-SX900 Playlist". This folder must be copied to the root directory of your USB stick. In this folder there are 9 subfolders such as "Ballroom", "Dance" etc. And in each of these subfolders are multiple Registration Bank files (.rgt) and one Playlist file (.tsv).

2) The USB stick must be mounted as "USB 1". So please make sure that this is the only stick connected to the SX900.

Did you pay attention to these two things?

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:43:59 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

MarkuzblooM

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 11:18:06 PM »
Thank you Chris.

I did what you had mentioned and it did not works.. I use USB flash drive 3.0 and it works. Although in the manual, it should work 1 to 3.0 USB.

Thank you

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 12:23:38 AM »
Thank you Chris.

I did what you had mentioned and it did not works.. I use USB flash drive 3.0 and it works. Although in the manual, it should work 1 to 3.0 USB.

Thank you

Hi MarkuzblooM,

thanks for your feedback!

Not all available USB sticks will work on Yamaha keyboards. Most sticks work, but not all. There is a list of compatible USB devices on the download site for each Yamaha model. But on newer models, almost all sticks will work (USB 2.0 or 3.0). In contrast, USB 1.0/1.1 sticks are extremely old (and slow). They shouldn't be used these days.

P.S.
Have you tried using this USB stick (which does not work with the Playlists) with other files (e.g. Styles)? If a USB stick is recognized correctly and displayed as "USB 1" from the keyboard and you can read and write files correctly from/to the stick, there is no reason why Playlists should not work.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:21:51 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 01:13:29 PM »
When we say USB1 we are NOT referring to the type of USB stick used we are talking about Pressing Playlist and then selecting USB1 position on the keyboard making sure we only have the USB plugged in containing the playlist on it. Select one of the folders and then press playlist again to open it up. You will now see the list of suggested songs. I use Verbatim Store N Go 32Gb sticks USB2 and they work perfectly.