Author Topic: All the settings which can effect vocals  (Read 2444 times)

Offline anandmaloo

All the settings which can effect vocals
« on: January 21, 2020, 06:40:45 AM »
Hi,

I have two registration settings of two songs with exactly similar vocal settings in both of them (at microphone settings, vocal hormany settings)

However my vocal output is  different in both the songs.  Can we have a list of all the settings on Genos (at least the main head and places where we can access them) which would effect the voice from microphone. And importantly, what are the boxes that we have to check in the "save registration" process so that only the vocal voice changes are affected and nothing else is saved in the registrations.

Regards

Anand

Re: All the settings which can effect vocals
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:16:54 PM »
Anand, I believe you can access the vocal settings by pressing Direct Access > Vocal Harmony at the same time.
The Direct Access button plus another button in a lot of cases is very powerful. It's truly one of the smarter functions Yamaha gave us.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:55:15 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
Dear Lee,

Thanks for taking out the time to reply.

I do access the Vocal settings in the same way as you suggested. My question is different. Other than the vocal harmony and main microphone settings, is there any other setting IN ANY OTHER MENU which would affect the vocal output in Genos?

For example like it was in the equalizer  till version 1.41 of Genos. Its no longer there since version 2

Regards

Anand

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 10:22:10 PM »
Hi Anand,

I'm still running the original factory release, version 1.3. I play a lot of gigs and don't trust any software updates to be perfectly safe. Someday I may venture into update land :). Why they would remove a perfectly good utility is beyond me. Perhaps they moved it somewhere else?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:24:26 PM »
Go to Mixer Page two there you will find More settings for the Mic. Check what they are set at.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 12:15:53 AM »
For example like it was in the equalizer  till version 1.41 of Genos. Its no longer there since version 2

Hi Anand,

If you referring to the 'Mic' part in the Mixer page that was opened by pressing 'Panel2', this is still there in firmware version 2.01.

However the 'Panel1' and 'Panel2' tabs that were on early versions of the 'Mixer' have been replaced by a single 'Panel' tab.

When you open 'Panel' the page that is currently displayed is shown near the top left of the display as 'Panel 1' or 'Panel 2'.  You can move between page 1 and 2 by touching the left and right arrowhead icons immediately below this.

The 'Mic' part is definitely still there on 'Panel2', however note that this shows (and adjusts) the same setting as the 'Mic' level settings on both the 'Vocal Harmony' display and the 'Mic Setting' display when 'Talk' is off!

Finally, are you aware of the VH part mixer that can be opened from the VH display? 

This can be opened by touching the 'Mixer' icon that looks like three sliders, situated to the right of the 'Balance' control, and allows the mix of the Lead and individual Harmony parts to be altered.

Regards

Ian