Author Topic: Saving MIDI instrument change  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Amxf5

Saving MIDI instrument change
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:50:52 PM »
I have some older MIDI songs I am remixing on the Genos. I have found better sounding instrumentation, volume and effects. Can I make these a permanent change on the MIDI song,and how is it done?

Offline ckobu

Re: Saving MIDI instrument change
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:26:23 PM »
When you make changes to MIDI, you have to go to the Setup icon (3,33 sec), confirm with Execute and then save with the Save option (3,42 sec). Watch the video.

https://youtu.be/MtdirToDeCA
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:28:12 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:02:20 PM »
Or use MixMaster
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline Amxf5

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:34:05 AM »
Or use MixMaster
Is that Sunbeam or Kitchenaid?

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 04:39:54 AM »
Is that Sunbeam or Kitchenaid?

"MixMaster" is a free PC (Windows) program for editing MIDI files and Style files (among other things): :)

https://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

P.S.
Saving changed settings to a MIDI song directly on Genos is described in the Reference Manual, page 81 ("Recording Panel Setups to a Song", Steps 2 - 6). You can download this Manual here:

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=genos

With current Genos firmware (V2.01) you can also call up the MIDI Multi Recording display afterwords (after you have loaded the song "normally" in the Player and made the desired changes in the Mixer). In earlier firmware versions, one had to START in MIDI Multi Recording display, because the MIDI Song was initialized when calling up that display.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:07:08 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Amxf5

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 04:22:51 PM »
So it is with me (V 2.1), when I open the Song Creator the song resets and does not remember the changes, as was the case with the Tyros series.
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 04:58:28 PM »
Are you sure about this? Because in my case, Genos resets all song parameters when I open Song Creator. It shows a message "Executing..." and then I find my song already loaded, but with initial values, ignoring my changes. Can you confirm this? I have OS 2.01.
Francesco

So it is with me (V 2.1), when I open the Song Creator the song resets and does not remember the changes, as was the case with the Tyros series.

Hi Francesco and ckobu,

I will double-check this next time on my Genos.

So far I had assumed that it would work, as I described above. Otherwise (if the changes made previously are still ignored), this change listed in the "Version History" would be practically meaningless:

Version History
[V2.00 to V2.01]

[V1.41 to V2.00]
Changes: You can have the MIDI Song that is selected on the Dual Player opened automatically when you call up the MIDI Multi Recording function.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:00:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »
You have to open the song recorder function before making any changes, or they are lost when you do open it. The song selection carries over from the player but not any edits.
Genos