Author Topic: Freeplay Hymn - Super !  (Read 5901 times)

blackpool

Freeplay Hymn - Super !
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »
Freeplay Hymns, preset, factory styles  - great.....love the OTS settings for most of them, a little bit of tweaking and you can make a few fab. easy reg. banks.
Well done Yamaha !!

If you have not tried these styles, give them a whirl - great intros and endings in most cases.

And before you start shooting the messenger!! ..... i suppose 'some' are maybe on other previous models but it's a Genre in the past i have simply just ignored.

Keith   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:54:31 PM by blackpool »

rcpilot

Re: Freeplay Hymn - Super !
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 03:56:58 PM »
Is there demos?, where do I find this?
Thanks,
Lee

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »
just go to preset styles, do a search for 'hymn' and they will show up on screen.

If you go to the tutorial section of this site and check out the SX page you can also download a zipped file with many of the conversion styles from earlier model.( which has been kindly provided by Rik for the SX! )  I copied these to my user drive and you will find there are other freestyle hymns amongst these. so when you search, you get all the hymn results together.
( or any other search you do for anything you want ....ie...waltz )

I think these bonus conversions are great on the tutorial - for many other Genres and a MUST to load to user - especially for reg. building as there are some wonderful OTS settings and there are HUNDREDS of style files available in all Genres.

see - Rikki's Style Collection for SX900 (592 styles)   @

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-sx900.html

Keith 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:31:00 AM by blackpool »

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively

rcpilot

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:23:47 PM »
2 showed up after the search, neither was a freeplay style??

Offline hans1966

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 12:46:01 AM »
Hymn is a free play style found in the movie and show folder. There is also another one in the Mundo folder, called BrassBand, special for epic themes. regards. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

blackpool

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »
There are 6 Factory preset  freeplay actually on the SX  - with an Irish one and an organ one being hymn based.
I also found a couple of Hymn ones amongst the SX conversion style files  Choral and Ethereal Hymns.

I really did not realise just how good freeplay is - I might even invest in some of the extra ones available from Yamaha'

Keith

rcpilot

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:54:44 PM »
OK, Thanks I found them...
Lee

rcpilot

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 04:56:16 PM »
Keith, yes I love them for instrumental, orchestral stuff...where is the ones you can get from Yamaha?
musicsoft?
Thanks,
Lee

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 10:12:28 PM »
Keith, yes I love them for instrumental, orchestral stuff...where is the ones you can get from Yamaha?
musicsoft?
Thanks,
Lee
I have a freestyle which Andrew Gilbert has on his site. I love it, and often use it on my PSR 750 and my PSR 970. I wish I could get hold of some more freeplay styles,  I'm hoping  one of our members can tell me if other freeplay styles  exist.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 12:08:37 AM »
Hi,
Soundwonderland  has a couple, I’ve been tempted , but they’re fairly pricey.

https://soundwonderland.de/pages/en/shop/styles.php?mobile=1

Free play styles possibly would be able to be edited and therefore create something that sounds different to the original.

I converted  Ethereal , ( I think it was ) across to Korg a few years back, added a different intro and it sounded great.

I use one of the free play styles with an arpeggio piano Pad I put together.  Defeats the purpose of free play , but does give a nice orchestral type backing to create a type piano style.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

blackpool

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 12:33:41 AM »
Ironically.. with my korgs I often time mute out a lot of the style parts or minimise the volume and it sort of creates a freeplay style ...I must try this on the SX ...
You have to calm korg down like this in many cases as they are just too busy, unlike Yamaha...
I will wade through all my Roland/technics/Gem/Ketron/Korg to Yamaha style conversions and see if I can root out any freeplays to share ...
Keith

rcpilot

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 12:46:42 AM »
I just bought 3 registration packs from Heidrun at Soundwonderland.....they are very good. No freeplay styles included...all registrations.
1) Lead instruments, 2) Instrumental Inspirations Symphony Orchestra, 3) Instrumental Inspirations Love Ballad Piano.
They do have styles as well....and I found 2 free play styles they have...may get them later.
Lee

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 03:34:57 AM »
Hi Lee,
Please let me know how you go with those packs.

They’re ones I was interested in also, ( plus maybe another one or two, eek!  haha.)   so please let me know if they’re as good as they sound on the demos.

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

beykock

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »
Hi Rikki :

I have heard Korg have the intention to launch a new range of the PA serie shortly.

Have you any idea when these new keyboards will be in the market and what we can expect ?

Thanks for you reply, Babette

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »
Hi Babette,
Sorry no, haven’t heard anything.

I did notice my keyboard supplier had the Pa4x advertised on special , a couple of weeks ago, plus there were quite a few new ones advertised on our Australian eBay about 3 months ago when I was selling mine.
Thought maybe something might be going on,  but really only speculation.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
There are a couple of freeplay styles on the Free download Russian pack at Yamaha Musicsoft site.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 01:23:36 PM »
I was in Church Friday and the organ with a bass that rattle my bones, was wonderful. With sx 900 hooked up with Logitech Z623 and hymn, I am there again. Just fantastic.

Ingar

rcpilot

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 02:34:20 PM »
I didn't find any free stuff on Yamaha MusicSoft....I must be looking in the wrong place??
Thanks,
Lee

blackpool

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 05:52:52 PM »
They dont push free stuff  - they just dont show a price on some of the styles, where they do on others, if you notice and if you click 'buy now' these show as zero .

And re Korg - i recon. New stuff would be at US trade show this week if there was anything imminent in arranger stuff.....other than a new i3 and a dressed up EK50, now being called the EK50L  ( same instrument - just a few dance styles added,new soft casing and updated speakers ) ...... a cop out IMHO  ....I was hoping for something in the EK series more 'mid range' as the PA300 is well past its sell by date ....bit like Yamaha's s670
The OS on the EK is just so much easier than their PA models .....well i think so ...I love my EK50's 

Keith   

rcpilot

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 10:38:54 PM »
OK, I'll go back and check some more...didn't find the Russian one.
It will be cool to see if Kork replaces the PA4X soon???
Lee

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 10:48:07 PM »
Hi Lee,

https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/vse.html#product-tabs

That’s where I got my download. Near the bottom, called Symphonic music.

Please : Don’t forget about letting me know what you think of the Soundwonderland software you bought.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

blackpool

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 11:15:10 PM »
I looked here - https://uk.yamahamusicsoft.com/      Searched 'styles' and 'sx900'

There are few available to buy. inc. a freestyle set and a couple of freebies 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:22:13 PM by blackpool »