Author Topic: Bluetooth Mobile Phone Warning  (Read 2145 times)

btweengigs

Bluetooth Mobile Phone Warning
« on: January 17, 2020, 02:01:09 AM »
It is real handy to pair my SX900 with my mobile phone. Audience members often ask for a good song that I don't play. A quick YouTube search and I can play it through the SX900 speakers or external speakers. Cool!

So, I'm on a job and suddenly my speakers start blaring out the ring tone on my phone startling the entire room. I was dumbfounded before I realized the pairing of my phone to the keyboard just made the keyboard an external speaker for my phone.

From now on, I will pair the SX with an iPad and hope nobody tries to Facetime me while I'm on a gig.
 :)

Offline Ed B

Re: Bluetooth Mobile Phone Warning
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 02:52:37 AM »
Thanks for highlighting the issue.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline Denn

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 09:22:40 AM »
Hello, No problem for me. I would NEVER play anyone else's music when on a gig. Later someone may come up to you and ask you to play a song and it was not you playing! For short breaks I play some of my own MP3's. Thanks for the post, will be useful for some.  :)
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »
If I get a request from the audience that I don't know, I simply tell them I don't know it, but I promise to learn it by the next time they hear me play.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 11:50:47 AM »
Ha ha😀😀😀LOL LOL.!!😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

rcpilot

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 05:02:15 PM »
Andy, (or anyone) have you thought about adding a lower kbd to the 900?
I am considering it as I like the lower for chords and other sounds right of the lower split point...like I used to have with my Yamaha Organ.