Author Topic: mainstage 3 on a pc  (Read 3460 times)

mrkim

mainstage 3 on a pc
« on: January 16, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »
 any one use mainstage 3 with a pc what is the best  Android Emulators to use do you use the free or paid version thanks kim

Bachus

Re: mainstage 3 on a pc
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:27:38 PM »
any one use mainstage 3 with a pc what is the best  Android Emulators to use do you use the free or paid version thanks kim

Mainstage is mac only..
It does not run on windows (nor android nor ios)
Its owned by apple

mrkim

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 12:09:39 AM »
hi i found this https://bluestacksforpc.com/download-main-stage-3-for-pc-windows-and-mac/ if you search mainstage for pc  this comes up what do you think

Offline daleSP

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 12:17:50 AM »
Check out Cantabile at https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/.

Like Mainstage for the Mac, it’s a VST hosting platform but for the PC.
Dale

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
hi i found this https://bluestacksforpc.com/download-main-stage-3-for-pc-windows-and-mac/ if you search mainstage for pc  this comes up what do you think

This is highly illegal..

Don’t invest to much time in it..
You will not be able to use vst’s,with this illigal version
Also any upgrades will ruin it..

If you want mainstage, buy a used mac...if you can’t pay the real thing..
Because this my friend is software piracy

mrkim

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:31:52 PM »
was not wanting to do any thing  illegal was just looking for a easy way to load up 4 or 5 sounds from  diffrent  vsts and switch between them play on midi controller,can this be done in Albertan lite thanks , as you get older you watch so many youtube videos  and read info on internet you get so mixed up you do not know what to do  thanks kim

Bachus

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 02:34:44 AM »
was not wanting to do any thing  illegal was just looking for a easy way to load up 4 or 5 sounds from  diffrent  vsts and switch between them play on midi controller,can this be done in Albertan lite thanks , as you get older you watch so many youtube videos  and read info on internet you get so mixed up you do not know what to do  thanks kim

In generally any daw allows you to do just this,..

You will want to look into a piece of software for pc named cantabile
Its free and extremely usefull to do just this
There are also a few other free hosts ,,

Ashtangakasha

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 06:05:23 AM »
@mrkim --

I'm unfamiliar with Mainstage, but from the discussion, I'm guessing you might find Unify to be a useful Windows platform for loading and mixing various VSTs in realtime, without the overhead of a full DAW.

The app itself is here:

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

It was just released at last week's NAMM, but I've been using early versions of it for a few weeks and I'm very impressed with its stability and power. It recognizes nearly all the VSTs on my system, and has a simple but very flexible interface. There are already several instructional videos, and the third-party reviews are starting to appear.

John "Skippy" Lemkuhl is the project creator, with extremely capable programming by an experienced MIDI / audio architect named Dale, and they are both very responsible and dedicated creators. Skippy's background includes patch design for many generations of Korg and Yamaha synths, along with innumerable collaborations with recording artists in a variety of genres. I've been working with Skippy's sound design products since the 1990's (he created a lot of the patches in the Korg Wavestation, and now the new Korg WaveState).

I have no connection to Skippy other than admiration and long experience with his work. I am now using Unify regularly as a quick, ad hoc VST host for all kinds of things. There are several soft-synths that I use for sound design, often without any need for my DAW -- I just want to start playing and sculpting.

The present release doesn't write audio files directly, so you would have to run the computer output through  another app like Audacity to capture the sound into a file -- or, of course, just load Unify into a DAW if you're planning to keep what you're playing.

I hope this helps,

Allen

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs