Author Topic: USB to host connection  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Amxf5

USB to host connection
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:16:35 PM »
Can the USB to host jack be used as a connection to my PC modem, instead of using my weak wi-fi signal?  What is that connector called, is there an adapter to hook to an ethernet cable?

Offline jugge

Re: USB to host connection
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 07:10:40 PM »
Hi,

while there are USB to Ethernet adapters availible for computers, I don't think they will work with the Genos because lack of drivers and I think Yamaha themself only sell wireless adapters.
If you use the USB to Host connection, you can transfer music files with the Musicsoft downloader program However, I dont think you will be able to use YEM with the USB to Host connection and even if it would work, I can imagine it would be incredible slow.
I think your best bet is to either move your wireless router closer to the keyboard or get a wifi extender/repeter.
The other way would be to use a USB stick to transfer the files, but it's very nice to be able to transfer files without fiddling with USB sticks back and forth between the computer and Genos.

Best regards
/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 07:25:02 PM »
Can the USB to host jack be used as a connection to my PC modem, instead of using my weak wi-fi signal?  What is that connector called, is there an adapter to hook to an ethernet cable?

How far away is your computer from your keyboard? Would it be easier to move your computer closer?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Amxf5

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 02:10:10 PM »
Thanks, I'll look into getting a wifi extender.