Author Topic: Keep Multi Pad playing after style stops  (Read 2360 times)

Keep Multi Pad playing after style stops
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:09:46 PM »
Hi Forum Members,
I have a questions regarding multi pads on my S970.
During live performance I am using a multi pad to playback a pad sound on top of the style's auto accompaniment. When I end the style using ending 1, I want the multi pad to continue playing. Is there any way to prevent the multi pad from stopping after the style playback has ended?
PSS480, PSS290, PSR630, PSR3000, MOX6, Current: PSR S970 + PSR SX600 + Casio CTK-240

The following users thanked this post: dragon

sbuci

Re: Keep Multi Pad playing after style stops
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 04:00:55 PM »

It is possible ... and is it practical, I don't know! In Style Creator Assembly, Ending copy to Intro ... put that style and multipad in the "first" registration and in the "second" registration set the style volume at 0!

Cheers!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 09:07:12 PM »
One option you have is to edit the style to add empty measures at end of the ending.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:14:33 AM »
I think what you can possibly do is make a registration wherein you make the style volume as zero and select any of the A B C or D as style part playing. Mutipad volume in the registration should be normal.

So after you hit the end, but before the style actually stops, you press this registration which lets the style play with zero volume.  Also, the benefit of this would be that the multipad will continue playing in the same chord, because if you fully stop the style, and start mutipad, it will start from Chord C and you have to set it right again.

Regards

Anand

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.
Here are some more observations

1. Assume that the multi pad and the style is playing. Now I press Ending 1. The drum fill plays for 1 measure and at the end of the measure, the multi pad stops. On most of the styles, the drum parts end in 1 measure, but the other parts like bass and pad keep sustaining the final chord for 1 or 2 more measures. I noticed that the multi pad ends with the drum part i.e. after the 1st measure.

2. Assume that the 1st Measure of Ending 1 is done and the multi pad stops. Now the 2nd measure starts (with non  drum parts sustaining the last chord). If I start the multi pad again, it waits till the current measure is complete and starts playing only at the start of the next measure. This goes on till the sustain part is done and stops again when the Style stops completely.

I don't find any options to start the multi pad as soon as it is pressed, i.e. not wait till the beginning of the measure. Also, the 2nd stop is another problem I need to solve.
PSS480, PSS290, PSR630, PSR3000, MOX6, Current: PSR S970 + PSR SX600 + Casio CTK-240

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 01:42:31 PM »
It is possible ... and is it practical, I don't know! In Style Creator Assembly, Ending copy to Intro ... put that style and multipad in the "first" registration and in the "second" registration set the style volume at 0!

Cheers!

This could be a possible solution, but the problem is I would need to edit all styles I need to use.

sbuci

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »

"You gotta do what you gotta do"....maximum five minutes per style.....or Genos which has an option "multipad stop when the ending begins or multipad stop when style playing ends"..(a little joke,sorry)! :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 03:00:54 PM »
This could be a possible solution, but the problem is I would need to edit all styles I need to use.

Correct. Or use an audio multipad.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons