Author Topic: midi control question  (Read 1725 times)

Offline chuckeys123

midi control question
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:30:25 PM »
Being a little short on cash when I bought my keyboard, I got the psr s770, and not the 970. Im now trying to marry my tc helicon harmonizer unit to it. I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to save a midi control setup to a program.  It presents a problem if you are using Right hand, left hand, style or a specific channel of a midi as the harmony generator. Thank you in advance.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: midi control question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
There are 10 preset MIDI Templates on your keyboard.  However you can also edit these and save up to 10 user MIDI Templates on the USER drive or USB.

Unfortunately the MIDI Tempate that you want to use at any one time can only be selected manually, not from a registration.

However once you have selected a MIDI Template, it will remain in place (even through power off/on cycles) until you select a different one or carry out a system reset.

There is information about MIDI Templates starting on page 120 of the 'PSR-SX900/700 Reference Manual'.  This is not the 'Owner's Manual' (which you should have received in hard copy with the keyboard).

You can download a PDF version of the Reference Manual (and the Owner's Manual too for convenience) from the SX downloads page on your local Yamaha web site.

Here is a link to the relevant page containing the manuals plus other downloads on the UK site...

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs

Offline chuckeys123

Re: midi control question
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 02:52:42 PM »
thanks so much. Did not realize changes could be saved. The saving procedure is not explained well. Do you save a change like you would save a registration , and how do you save the new midi bank to a usb? Thanks in advance