Author Topic: PSR-SX700 and attached iPad  (Read 3080 times)

dontraina

PSR-SX700 and attached iPad
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:17:28 AM »
Anyone having experienced or have knowledge using PSR-SX700 with attached iPad running sheet music program (i.e. UnRealBook, or SongBook, or even OnSong).

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR-SX700 and attached iPad
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:27:59 AM »
Anyone having experienced or have knowledge using PSR-SX700 with attached iPad running sheet music program (i.e. UnRealBook, or SongBook, or even OnSong).

Yes, lots of us have.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

dontraina

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 02:46:57 AM »
Looks like I'm no more adept at this thing than I am with the PSR.  How does one get the keyboard and ipad together to do the job.  I have lots of midi songs and pdf's of same..now just get them together in the same room.  Words of Wisdom please?    and thanks for answering my post.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
Looks like I'm no more adept at this thing than I am with the PSR.  How does one get the keyboard and ipad together to do the job.  I have lots of midi songs and pdf's of same..now just get them together in the same room.  Words of Wisdom please?    and thanks for answering my post.

Midi songs I can’t help you with, as I don’t use them. And you don’t need an iPad to play midis, just play them on the keyboard.

For PDFs, you need an app. I use Songbook, but there are lots of others. You also need to connect the two devices. I use a BT01 and Bluetooth, but it can also be done with cables and adaptors.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

dontraina

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 10:03:29 PM »
Fred, again thanks for responding.  I agree midi files can be played on the keyboard especially on the PSR-SX700 and very nicely.  However, when a midi file is called for on the keyboard I would like for the board to signal the ipad to display the appropriate pdf and let the races begin.  I hope I am explaining this correctly.  The board by it self is complete and self sustaining and can be used for all jobs.  The pdf files support the failing memory of this old dog hence the project.  I have tried the BT01 with no results and I’m not ashamed to admit I don’t have a clue how to set the configuration.  And there is my plight.  If you can offer assistance it would be appreciated.  I would just like for it to work so I just keep trying.  Thanks for listening. 

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 10:55:48 PM »
Are the pdf files sheet music, or lyrics?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

dontraina

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 03:40:32 AM »
PDF's are sheet music and lead line w/chord symbols.  Have OnSong, UnReal Book, and SongBook.  Use OnSong for church music display (couldn't get it to link up to keyboard) , UnReal book for entertaining seniors in nursing homes, and SongBook for experimenting.  Used a PSR-3000 for years but couldn't get it to trigger display either.  Just got the PSR-SX700.  Really like it...just can't get it to see eye-to-eye for me.  Oh well..

Don
"I'm not as young as I used to be or half as old as I hope to be"