Author Topic: Genos and display karaoke midi files on a TV  (Read 3631 times)

Offline dinapoli

Genos and display karaoke midi files on a TV
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:15:58 AM »
Hi,

With the Tyros 1 and 3, I used to connect the video output to a small old television with RCA type connector, I used them for midi Karaoke files, so the people could read the lyrics and sing along.  I remember having the Tyros's display in normal mode and the TV showing only the lyrics,  It worked well.

I tried to do the same with the Genos, I can't find a suitable connection.  I called Yamaha support, the support person I spoke with told me the Genos is not designed for that purpose and can't do it, when I told him the Tyros could he answered they are not the same type keyboards!

I hope he is wrong, can anyone help?

Offline Patrick

Re: Genos and display karaoke midi files on a TV
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 02:29:19 AM »
Hi The Sx can do it, so the Genos too, just read the manuel and you've to buy a USB to VGA display i think, all the best Patrick

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 03:51:54 AM »
As Patrick said, you need a USB to display adaptor. I use a Diamond DisplayLink. It has connections for VGA, DVI and HDMI.

You need to use the rear USB to device port.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline acparker

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:11 AM »
Hi Dinapoli,

Try page 114 of the Genos Owner's Manual (V2) for instructions, and for the location of the display settings.

It absolutely is possible, I use this feature every week for our Church services to display the lyrics of the hymns.

Adam

Janus

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »
You better use a notebook or tablet with Vanbasco free karaoke player
Very quick access in selecting sorting en playing the karaoke midi files
And with reg and edit software easy editing the files
also with free cakewalk Bandicam easy  making and correcting karaoke  midi files

The following users thanked this post: dinapoli

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 12:59:44 PM »
This is the most versatile one that is supported by Genos, Plugable USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 1920x1080:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-1920x1080-Chromebook/dp/B004AIJE9G/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SD65USRHMAJ8&keywords=plugable+usb+2.0+to+vga+%2F+dvi+%2F+hdmi+video+graphics+adapter&qid=1579092920&sprefix=plugable+usb+2.0+to+VGA%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-1

Genos only supports Displaylink DL-165 / DL-195 USB 2.0 video adapter chip sets.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »
This one is pretty much the same as the one in zionip's link, but named Wavlink and a bit cheaper...
Don't remember who it was that used it and recomendet it because it worked well with Genos.
https://www.amazon.com/Wavlink-Graphics-Display-Multiple-Monitors/dp/B01AL6IBF8/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wavlink+usb+to+dvi&qid=1579097376&sr=8-3
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 10:46:39 PM »
Thank you to all.

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 01:50:05 PM »
I use Van Basco it's a good program, some midi files don't sound the same as on the Tyros or Genos

I also used Sonar to optimize midi files, has been a while I don't use this program, if I remember there was a problem after saving a file

Another way to Entertain is using karaoke waves, some of these songs sound like the original including the back up singers.

Some songs in my opinion sound better when played live on the keyboard, it gives the option to change a song!

Janus

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »
I use Van Basco it's a good program, some midi files don't sound the same as on the Tyros or Genos

I also used Sonar to optimize midi files, has been a while I don't use this program, if I remember there was a problem after saving a file

Another way to Entertain is using karaoke waves, some of these songs sound like the original including the back up singers.

Some songs in my opinion sound better when played live on the keyboard, it gives the option to change a song!

You have to install the midi usb driver from your keyboard
Connect it wit a usb cable with your keyboard and computer
Go to midi setup in vanbasco and select the usb midi driver
The sound will be be the same as you're keyboard
listen to my upload on you tube
You can improve vanbasco by download new skins on the vanbasco site
look at my demo

https://youtu.be/dQZrsRyh4h0