Author Topic: Bummer  (Read 2711 times)

Lloyd E

Bummer
« on: January 13, 2020, 12:39:44 PM »
I downloaded the 2/01 update without doing the preliminary removal and replacement stuff. Can i do anything to correct this or am I stuck with what I have.
I certainly do not blame Yamaha but I just downloaded the update as I have done many times and never noticed the extra stuff I should have.  Lloyd

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Bummer
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
I downloaded the 2/01 update without doing the preliminary removal and replacement stuff. Can i do anything to correct this or am I stuck with what I have.
I certainly do not blame Yamaha but I just downloaded the update as I have done many times and never noticed the extra stuff I should have.  Lloyd

Did you only download, or did you install the update?

What previous os version was running? 2.0? 1.41? Something else?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:13:41 PM »
Nothing is needed if you are just up dating from version2 to 2.01.

Lloyd E

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:17 PM »
Fred,
I installed the update. 

Lloyd E

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »
Eileen,
I installed the 2.01 update without first doing the preliminary steps. I did not install the 2.0 but went directly to the 2.01

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 04:20:44 PM »
... I installed the 2.01 update without first doing the preliminary steps. I did not install the 2.0 but went directly to the 2.01

Hi Lloyd,

you have updated to V2.01 from a older version before 2.00.

So far everything is ok. The only thing is, you have lost your user defined settings.

User Effect and user MIDI settings could be restored if you had saved those files with the previous version before. User SYSTEM settings always are lost when updating from a version before 2.00. So you have to start with a fully initialized system (and newly make your preferred user settings).

The data in the internal USER drive normally are NOT affected by the update, so your files should still be there.

In addition to the 2.01 update you should install the Superior Pack now:

Download and install the new version 2.6 of YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) first.

Download the Superior Pack and import it to the YEM. Make sure to have selected all Packs in YEM you want to install on Genos, make your Pack Installation file (on a USB stick), connect the stick to the Genos and start Pack Installation (OR install Pack data via Wi-Fi on the Genos).

Finally, you can download the new PLAYLIST for the Superior Pack and the new additional STYLES from the Genos download site and copy them to a USB stick.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:24:08 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)