Author Topic: A sad (partial) farewell  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Flip

Re: A sad (partial) farewell
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2020, 08:20:19 PM »
If you are still out there Torben..."brush it off".  As you can see by the replies to your post there are many people out here who appreciate your talent.  This site is loaded with talent, and you are one of the best.  So, I hope you reconsider and continue to share with us us your excellent music and helpful and constructive comments.  Regards, Flip

The following users thanked this post: torben

Offline Toril S

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »
So do I! And I think you will Torben😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: torben

Offline elad770

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2020, 10:08:59 PM »
I think no one challenges his talent. I litterly mean no one.
Even those who did, they didnt really challenged his talent
But rather challenged the lack of humility on his end
People always like to put down those who are percieved arrogant even though they are right, so I can truly say
That no one really think he's not talented.
The only think that was on the table is the way
Criticism is relayed to others, and the difference between criticism and constructive criticism which I hope he understands better. I actually believe that he does!
He simply needs to remember that the intention behind constructive criticism (as opposed to just criticm) is to build and construct something better! To elicit an improved outcome from constructive criticism one MUST be more specific with what exactly he doesnt like. Even to say to someone I dont like your voice will not be constructive but rather it will be only criticism (which is also allowed in a free world) . He's talent actually allows him to give the BEST constructive criticism by using his knowledge to pin point exactly what in the voice he didnt like. The pitch,  the flavor, the tone the ability to hold a note, expression etc and other professional terms that HE probably knows! A higher level that definitely shows criticism as constructive is to provide some suggestion on how according to him one can improve his vocal performance.  This is the point of this entire thread!

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Enildo

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2020, 03:06:14 PM »
Hi guys!

From everything I've read, I see only people being people, here or there or anywhere in the world.
For everything we do or fail to do, they will criticize us. No use, you won't be able to please everyone.
Just ignore what hurts you and keep looking ahead.
Some loathe true criticism and prefer sweet lies; others were pleased to say rudeness they call "truths."
What I mean is, they are human traits, and none of us will escape them by doing this or that.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Joe W

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »
I'll follow the suggestion earlier in this thread and close it out now.  It does include a lot of interesting posts and is a clear illustration that the PSR Tutorial allows a free and unrestricted discussion on relevant topics.  I do think, however, that a single board for posting songs is sufficient.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: dixie, terryB, ton37, wersianer