Author Topic: Assignable buttons Global  (Read 4038 times)

btweengigs

Assignable buttons Global
« on: January 12, 2020, 01:51:07 AM »
Let's say you want VH Harmony On/Off in assignable button F as a GLOBAL setting which will be there regardless of registration. I think this is possible but have not found it in the manual or discovered it yet.
Ed

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Assignable buttons Global
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 04:40:39 AM »
What I do is never memorize Assignable in my registrations. Then they don’t change my assignments.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online DerekA

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »
In addition to this, I have a special 'Setup' registration bank where one of the slots just contains my custom Assignable settings. So if something does change them - for example on one of the sample playlists - then I get easily get them back.
Genos

andorra

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 12:38:04 PM »
I'm not satisfied with the assignable buttons program.  All the functions which have own dedicated button are aviable, to my mind it is absolutely not necessary, however others not. Sort of it would be useful to reach a dedicated registration bank.....

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »
I'm not satisfied with the assignable buttons program.  All the functions which have own dedicated button are aviable, to my mind it is absolutely not necessary, however others not. Sort of it would be useful to reach a dedicated registration bank.....

1. What "program"?

2. So why not create a "dedicated registration bank"? Call it your Setup registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

andorra

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 01:41:35 PM »
Natürlich....
The program, what Yamaha have made for the dedicated buttons.

You switch the instrument on. The actual register bank is the last one befor you switced off the instrument. It is here in the USB stick for example: I:\BonusPlaylistForPSR-SX700\PSR-SX700 Playlist\Entertainer\Hello Again.rgt
You have a start registration bank here: I:\Register\Start.rgt
How can you reach it with one touch???

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 02:27:45 PM »
You switch the instrument on. The actual register bank is the last one befor you switced off the instrument. It is here in the USB stick for example: I:\BonusPlaylistForPSR-SX700\PSR-SX700 Playlist\Entertainer\Hello Again.rgt
You have a start registration bank here: I:\Register\Start.rgt
How can you reach it with one touch???

Can’t be done.

You can make it easier by naming your setup registration something like 00Start so it will always be at the start of the list.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Online EileenL

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 04:12:52 PM »
Cant remember anyone having a problem with just pressing Registration and selecting bank. Two button pushes tacking a fraction of a second.
  Another way is to load in your registration before switching of and it will be all ready to go when you switch on again. Easy.

btweengigs

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 05:26:49 PM »
What I do is never memorize Assignable in my registrations. Then they don’t change my assignments.

Cheers,
Fred

When you say never memorize Assignable in your registrations...are you referring to what is checked after you press the MEMORY button or are you referring to Parameter Lock?

And, what category would things like VH Harmony on/off, Transpose+, Mixer, etc would have to be unchecked in order to keep them in my registrations?

BTW ... thanks for your excellent videos.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 05:32:38 PM »
When you say never memorize Assignable in your registrations...are you referring to what is checked after you press the MEMORY button or are you referring to Parameter Lock?

And, what category would things like VH Harmony on/off, Transpose+, Mixer, etc would have to be unchecked in order to keep them in my registrations?

The problem is there is no Parameter Lock for the Assignable Buttons, so that can't be used.

When I say memorize, I mean using the Memory button. I ensure that Assignable Buttons is unchecked when I memorize. That way none of my registrations will change the assignments.

The categories that are checked will be memorized in your registration, the ones that are unchecked won't be.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

btweengigs

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 05:39:05 PM »
Got it, Fred.
When Memory Saving I have unchecked Live Control and Foot Pedals. It looks like that is exactly what is needed.  Many thanks.
Ed

andorra

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 06:02:28 PM »
Cant remember anyone having a problem with just pressing Registration and selecting bank. Two button pushes tacking a fraction of a second.
  Another way is to load in your registration before switching of and it will be all ready to go when you switch on again. Easy.
It isn't a solution. I must make this procedure all time If the actual register not in the root. I've wrote a good example. It is egal, that is before switch of, after switch on or between the two. The solution were typical a dedicated button for the selected register whether where you are.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 06:59:02 PM by andorra »

Online DerekA

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 07:03:56 PM »
Well strictly speaking andorra you're right, it would be nice if we could program the assignable buttons to do anything that anybody ever wanted to do.

The workaround which is available is not that hard, so it's not going to a priority.

But I'm sure suggestions about what the buttons could be extended to do are always welcome.
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »
It isn't a solution. I must make this procedure all time If the actual register not in the root. I've wrote a good example. It is egal, that is before switch of, after switch on or between the two. The solution were typical a dedicated button for the selected register whether where you are.

That would be a great idea. Being able to assign a registration to a button.

Another option, which wouldn’t be hard for Yamaha to implement, is to be able to specify a registration which is loaded on power up.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Enildo

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 08:04:45 PM »
Let's say you want VH Harmony On/Off in assignable button F as a GLOBAL setting which will be there regardless of registration. I think this is possible but have not found it in the manual or discovered it yet.
Ed

You can also save buttons A, B, C, D, E differently and F always with VH on / off function. For the others will have different functions and only for F, will have the same function.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Enildo

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 08:08:23 PM »
That would be a great idea. Being able to assign a registration to a button.

Another option, which wouldn’t be hard for Yamaha to implement, is to be able to specify a registration which is loaded on power up.

Cheers,
Fred

It would be a great function. What the keyboard does is memorize the last record used.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!