Author Topic: Left bass effect turns off with organ registration  (Read 5016 times)

Gordon1949

Left bass effect turns off with organ registration
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:56:10 AM »
I freeze voices on my registrations, and assign a compressor effect to the left bass voice; however, if I press a registration that has organs on the right hand, the left bass compressor turns off and stays off on other registrations so I have to turn off the freeze and go to the voice page to turn the effect on again. Not good in a gig situation. Could this be a glitch in the 1.30 firmware update or am I missing something?

Gordon1949

Re: Left bass effect turns off with organ registration
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »
An update: I emailed Yamaha, and they replied that this problem was supposed to be fixed with the firmware update 1.30; however, they now realize that it wasn’t completely fixed so I expect there will be another firmware update down the road.

The following users thanked this post: pjd, StuartR, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline lilryu

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 11:21:32 PM »
An update: I emailed Yamaha, and they replied that this problem was supposed to be fixed with the firmware update 1.30; however, they now realize that it wasn’t completely fixed so I expect there will be another firmware update down the road.

Did this ever get fixed or did you find a work-a-round? I believe it's happening to the SX-900 as well; not with the organ sounds but some piano and synth sounds.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:21:19 AM »
Putting freeze on Voices only freezes the RH voices and settings. Yamaha's convention is you must set freeze to style if you want to freeze the Left voice. Sometimes can have inconvenient side effects, but true  ::)

John
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:22:44 AM by jwyvern »