Author Topic: Installing the New Superior Styles Pack?  (Read 2547 times)

Bob88

Installing the New Superior Styles Pack?
« on: January 11, 2020, 03:03:21 AM »
  I just tried to install the new Superior styles pack on my Genos via Stijn's instructions. I have the latest YEM and Genos updates installed.   When I click on pack installation ,  I get a message to save my 2 previously installed  packs or they will be lost. Genos is listed as the location of the packs so I assume I don't have to export the instrument definition file(?).
   First, I thought the instructions made it possible to install without YEM.
Second , if I have to save them,  I am not sure how to do so.  Bob

Offline Stijn

Re: Installing the New Superior Styles Pack?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 09:38:10 AM »
Hi Bob,

Are you trying to install the GENOS V2.0 SUPERIOR PACK without the use of YEM? So you are using the Genos_PackInstallData.cpi  file on a USB drive?
If so, then all Packs currently installed on the Genos will be deleted.

There is no function on the Genos for saving those installed packs. It is YEM that takes care of that.
YEM is the application that helps you set up packs and it then creates a file that copies this setup to your Genos.
It is YEM that keeps track/copies of the installed packs.

So, if you intend to keep the installed Packs, you should not use the shortcut provided by Yamaha, you should use the GenosV2.0 SuperiorPack.cpf file and use it in YEM.
The Packs currently on your Genos should also be present in YEM and ticked (unless you replaced your PC or re-installed Windows). If you don’t see the current packs in YEM, they should be imported again.

In short; all the packs imported into YEM, and ticked!, will be copied to the Genos. The first time after updating to Ver 2.00 (or 2.01 if you skipped 2.00) the file created by YEM must be Pack Installation File (*.cpi) (see Save As in YEM)

Note: the Superior 2 Playlist won’t work if you installed the Superior Pack bypassing YEM. So, to use the Superior 2 Playlist you have to install the Superior Pack with the YEM.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Bob88

Re: Installing the New Superior Styles Pack?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 11:16:27 PM »
   Thank you Stijn for your kind and helpful responses.  Unfortunately, at the moment I am unable to respond to your suggestions  as my Genos is out of commission as of today.  The touch screen
no longer responds to any attempt to use it.   Regards, Bob