Author Topic: How to favourite a POST?  (Read 3305 times)

Murat

How to favourite a POST?
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
Is there a way to ‘save’ or ‘favourite’ a POST here so we can find them easily when needed?

For example, I really like Stijn’s post regarding how to use the Superior Pack without the YEM. And, I am sure we all like some POSTs and think they are very useful, but usually (in my case anyway) forget to implement the suggestion or forget where the post was located. If we could save our favourite posts and even organise them somehow, that would be great.

Is there a way of doing it here in the forum? (I already know how to add a website to my favourites, this is not what I am asking).

Offline Al Ram

Re: How to favourite a POST?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:08:17 PM »
There might be better/easier ways . . . 

This is what i do . .  .

You can make a comment to the post (any comments, even 'thanks').

You can then go to your Profile and find all the posts where you participated.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:21:09 PM »
One thing I sometimes do if I see a post I want to read more carefully later is to use the "SEND THIS TOPIC" button at the top of the thread. This lets you send an email to someone-- or, in this instance, to yourself-- with a link to the topic. Of course, you then have to decide what you're going to do with the email when you receive it! If you like to save and organize important emails in different folders, then you could create a folder to save these emails in.

It's true that you can post a comment in the thread so you'll be able to see it in the list of your posts, and that's actually a lot simpler to do. But emailing yourself a link to the topic has the advantage that when you receive the email it will remind you about the topic.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »
Hi
There is also a search function that will identify all the items on a particular topic. Its a very helpful feature.

Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 11:00:43 AM »
Bookmark it in your browser. :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:38:14 AM »
But how long do the post stay in the forum? Before it was 130 days or something like that?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 01:59:45 PM »
Another way, Murat - select all the text within the post and then type Control+C. Paste the content into your favorite word processor. You can also copy the topic URL and paste it into your document. Save the document in a folder called Genos Tips or something similar.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »
But how long do the post stay in the forum? Before it was 130 days or something like that?

Posts stay for as long as there is room on the server, which is years. There was a glitch that deleted old posts a couple of years ago, but it was just that — a glitch.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 02:47:38 PM »
Agreed with Fred. Also, this forum software is very robust. The Simple Machines developers really nailed it. Unlike a lot of other forum software, there's no "bloatware" in this software :D!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:49:15 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 03:23:28 PM »
Good! And I really like the layout of this forum! Easy to use even for my special needs!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 04:21:38 PM »
Good to hear, Toril :).

Janus

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
There is an easy way
Select the tekst you need with copy with the mouse (the tekst turned blue)
Left knob for select and right knob for copy
And paste it in a text editor like word
In that way you can copy only the tekst you need
also handy to copy song lyrics from te internet
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:45:28 PM by Janus »

Murat

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 09:12:23 AM »
Thank you all. So, the short answer to my question is: No, it is not possible to Save or Favourite a Post here in the forum.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
No, but as seen, there are a number of workarounds.

Another workaround that I just used is to right-click on the topic link at the top of the page, select "copy link," then add the link to my computer's desktop by creating a new shortcut for it. That way I'll see it on my desktop, be reminded of it, and I can go directly there by double-clicking on the shortcut.

EDIT -- This is the "topic link" I was referring to:

PSR Tutorial Forum » Genos (10 Boards) » Genos - General » Topic: How to favourite a POST?

Or, if you want to go directly to a specific post within the topic, right-click on the link at the top of the post in question.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:32:43 AM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »
Bookmark the page in your browser. Is the most used feature of a web browser!
Now, if you have an account to Firefox, or Chrome (google), you may see the bookmarks will synchronize to all devices you use that browser. ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos