Author Topic: Bee Software V Studio  (Read 2963 times)

a1gene

Bee Software V Studio
« on: January 08, 2020, 07:49:57 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Bee Software V Studio unit used to control extra voices in conjunction with Genos or Tyros? I believe the company is in the UK.

Offline bryan01

Re: Bee Software V Studio
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:27:06 PM »
Hi,
I have a V-Console that I sometimes use with my Genos. It's perfect for layering and changing sounds and registrations easily whilst you play. There are people on this site that can give lots more info about it as there have been posts put on here previously.
John Beesley is very professional and helpful.
Have a look at
https://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console
for more details.
Whilst you're there, have a look at his Key-Tab arrangements.
P.S. I am not connected to John in any way. I am just a very happy customer of his.
Playing the best I can. For as long as I last.
I am blessed with a Yamaha Genos2,
a lovely wife and
two Yorkshire Terriers.

a1gene

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »
No wonder I  couldn’t find info on it. Had the name wrong. Thanks, I’ll look further.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:20:42 PM »
Interesting. Can you just buy the software and run it on a Samsung tablet? I think this is right. I saw the software only selection on the site. What cabling do you use between the tablet and Genos?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline musicman01

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 05:26:46 PM »
Hello, I have the V-console but note the software only works on a windows tablet or PC

Regards
S.M

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »
I have the V-Console also, like it alot, it adds a LOT of functionality to the Tyros or Genos (or CVP) ... my problem is that I don't seem to have alot of time to devote to it so I don't use it frequently.  Also, when I gig, so far I don' t tote the table and cables needed, to each gig, to use V-Console. . . . I want to use it more (it is a GREAT item and adds a tone of sound and functionality to my Genos) but I find I don't use it as often as I should  :-)   

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 07:18:09 PM »
VConsole works with Windows. You either buy the full package which includes a Win tablet or if you have a PC or tablet already you might decide to just buy the software which saves a few hundred pounds. The tablet/ PC connects in the usual way to the keyboards, USB to Host ("printer cable").
I am a home player and normally have VC on when playing since I frequently get caught up in trying new setups which might sound more realistic to my ears. If your priority is for regularly playing out I can see that it can be  difficult to devote sufficient time to exploring all that VC has to offer. Also to my mind it is questionnable whether VC is robust enough as a gigging partner since some sessions can be prone to sudden production of stuck notes for reasons that are not fully understood (by me!). I understand John Beesley is investigating to provide an improved version. 

John