Author Topic: Headphones for my T5  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Dusan

Headphones for my T5
« on: January 08, 2020, 01:51:49 PM »
Hi to all,

What kind of impedance should the headset connected to the T5 must have?
Any sugestion ?

Thank you
Dušan

If you want to fly,you must first walk....

Offline Graham UK

Re: Headphones for my T5
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »
Sennheiser HD206 About Ł20-ish I use with plenty of volume on my T5.
Lower impedance phones produce more sound for a given output.

You can increase keyboards output a little in the Mixer EQ, but don't set too high.
DGX670

Roland

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »
Hi Dusan,

The Tyros/Genos keyboards are all close to the standard "consumer-rate" Ohm output,which is 32 Ohm. I forgot where I was reading about it, but if my memory serves me correctly, the Genos and Tyros keys output maybe up to 40 Ohm - but I'd have to check again. So in other words, you are best off to use the standard 32 Ohm (or thereabouts) headsets.

My pro audio grade Beyerdynamic are rated 250 (250 - 600 is what you usually find in Studio and high-end cans) - and they sound OK on my Genos, but you can tell it's not what they are designed for, and I'd have to put them through a good headphone amp to get them to work 100% using the keyboard phones jack.

Hope that helps. Cheers, Roland

Offline Dusan

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »
Thank you guy's...
Dušan

If you want to fly,you must first walk....

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 12:11:31 PM »
I use  Yamaha headphones with my T5 They are made for this purpose and I only paid Ł25 online

MrRich

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 01:14:03 PM »
Dusan,
I purchased my T5 preowned along with a set of audiophile headphones. These headphones express an absolute, unbelievable, hi-quality sound! They pickup and express every nuance of sound that Yamaha intended. They are DENON DJ, DN-HP1000. You will not be disappointed.
A full description is here:
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Denon/DN-HP1000-Professional-DJ-Headphones.gc#productDetail
Rich

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
Hi Dušan,

I use the  "AKG K712 pro" headphones with Genos and Tyros5. These are "Reference Studio Headphones" ("on-ear" and "open" system). You can use them for "just playing / listening" and also for mixing purposes.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k_712_pro.htm

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)