Author Topic: sx900 just arrived  (Read 4415 times)

Offline motekmusic

sx900 just arrived
« on: January 07, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »
 :)
Hello

Thought would post a quickie mini review of what has impressed me the most on this machine.
I do have a learning curve on the new functions and still struggling with that song player and getting my songs appear in a
friendly fashion.

Okay my wow factor is that KEY BED... after putting on full keyboard using piano,,, compared to the s975 and even that
glorious genos,, this was a real treat.   Of course have already demod lots of sounds and styles (will have to learn which closet
they are in )

The machine just arrived  a few hours ago.. my husband brought it up from my dealer in Netanya and he just got it last week.
Shipments to Israel are mostly a 6 month wait.

If have time later and discover my wows ,, will share them. as have other forum members.

cheers and big thanks to this forum. 8) :)
elaine
Tsafat, Israel
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Aquilauno

Offline EileenL

Re: sx900 just arrived
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
Hi Elaine,
  Pleased you are impressed with the SX900. It is very similar to operate as Genos and will accept registration banks from Tyros5 and Genos but if you have used SA2 voices you will have to change them as SX dose not have them.
  I have done a couple of gigs with mine and it works very well. Have fun

Offline Telmo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 03:57:42 PM »
Congratulations Elaine,
Now, if you could just add the KS-SW100 Sub, you would never look back.https://br.yamaha.com/pt/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/accessories/ks-sw100/index.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:45:13 PM by Telmo »
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »
Congrats Elaine!! Have FUN!!😀😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline beakybird

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »
Congratulations and shalom from a native of Skokie, Illinois.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »
I will follow your topic with great interest ... thanks Elaine. Congratulations
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:36:51 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 07:38:18 PM »

Hi Telmo ... is there a sub a little less bulky to use? ;)

rcpilot

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »
Congrats Elaine!, I'm enjoying mine!
Telmo whats involved with setting up a Sub?
Lee

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 08:16:13 AM »
Thank you all for your replies.

TELMO....  appreciate the heads up on a unit and looks like some of our members are interested in what you use.   Have enough
                 on my hands now .. always enjoy your videos as you show what you use.

EILEEN.....I have just conquered playing my midi files as of 2 hours ago.  Same problem i have on the Genos as just want to play
                my files off the USB stick and not fiddle with that song player list.   I have a little theater show in Feb. and am working
                on the backing sound track,, audios as well and have them in a certain order on my USB stick  number IE   001   002
                 etc.  in sequence to when they are needed in the script.   I did these on the s975 and now that the new machine has arrived
                 want to use the sx900   so really wanted to conquer the song player mode using just my midi files on the usb stick.
                 Finally figured it out so now can apply the same to the Genos.   That song player list is confusing to configure so am
                 leaving it alone for a while even though when got the Genos has scads of help from you and Stign.

TORIL....... thanks for the congrats,, yes it is fun,, but still have to have time to learn it

BEAKYBIRD...   Every time get new machine it is sleepless in Safed... although prior to living here was sleepless in Copenhagen.
                        A big shalom to you in skokie and thanks for your hello

rcpilot and Aquilauno....  Glad to hear you have the machine and are 2 more lucky members that maybe can handle any future
                                problems or questions....

Okay, here are some minor assessments as explained above have a play to work on which is taking priority and i already have
the Genos which has  same type of functions.
One trouble spot that keeps happening is that these assign buttons are so close to the touch screen that have accidentally
triggered them.
Another WOW... am so relieved that those oriental styles and the other world styles are still on the machifne as somehow they
                        are not on the Genos... I use alot of the Reggattons,, Saidys Laffs... oriental and those turkish euros.
                         This saves me from importing those styles as already on board.
Minor Wow......... The extra expansion styles and voices give lots more flavor and will be fun to workj with later when have more
                           time.... Some of those african styles were on the s975,,, but these sound a bit better,, will check that again.
Surprised Wow.     Have turned into a detective to search for styles.   Since eliminated Ballad, Country and spread out some of
                             our favorite pop and rock,,, Am now on journey to learn where the goodies are stashed.   

Pleasant Wow.       Delighted with the new styles on board,, even though some like Big Band Crooner are missing,, but just made
                              a copy of it from Genos and only one OTS setting is really affected,,,    Going to try those beat boxes as well.

Still lots of functions not going to delve into right now and have NOT even touched EQ's etc.   That goes for registration functions
and chord looper,,,, already loopy

P>S>   WOW...     Do not need audio link as now the midi and audio can be screened and played next to each other.

If have missed something or have something else will keep you folks posted.

Thanks again
Cheers as always

elaine

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »
Hi Elaine,
  Don't forget that for quick access you can store your favorite and most used styles including third party ones to the Favorite section on keyboard. Also voices which is very useful when in a hurry to find something.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
Hi Telmo ... is there a sub a little less bulky to use? ;)
The Yamaha KS-SW100 was designed specifically to be used for the PSR series and it only weighs 8.5 kg=18.7 lbs.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 01:48:29 PM »
Congrats Elaine!, I'm enjoying mine!
Telmo whats involved with setting up a Sub?
Lee
Lee, you just have to plug the KS-SW100 on the SX900 Main  Output (Left&Right) and you are ready to go. Of course you can control the volume of the KS-SW100 on the unit itself.

Offline panos

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 07:08:11 PM »
Hi Telmo,
If in Yamaha they need more bass for the speakers in S series, I could sold them my s750 in a fair price ;D ;D ;D
They will have all the bass sound they need!!
(I hope at least those which have/had s750/s950 for home usage will get my... "joke")
Great,powerful speakers though for home usage :)
For gigs I don't know of course.You know better!

Congrats Elaine  :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:09:15 PM by panos »

rcpilot

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 12:57:08 AM »
Telmo, great that its that easy!...Thanks as always....
Right now I am really going to work on music skills and leave all the tech stuff for later...
Lee

Offline elad770

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 01:42:39 AM »
Hazlacha Raba!

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 09:58:22 AM »
Hello again.

Thanks Telmo, Lee and Panos for the input on that woofer.   Just starting out on the 900 journey so am tabling all of that
Toda Raba  Elad   I Y H  can also conquer some of the genos functions,, as baby genos inherited lots of them.

Thanks Eileen as always for your reminders and helpful advice.  Only 4 GB in that user section so have to be quite selective
of all my favorites...endless.....    thanks so much again.

Right now focusing on those styles and learning where they are.   Have downloaded the data list which has the styles listed
in the correct closet,, page 42 and 43 are now gracing my musicstand.
Also am doing lots of style copying and switching,,, between the 2 keyboards.   Also using more of those tyros styles and now
have 3 voices,, Have lots of 2nd hand styles that also sport 3 voices.
Decided to not use the machine for upcoming February play performance as do not want it out of the house for an entire week
of rehearsals,, locked up in storage.   The s975 does a wonderful job.

Oh yes,  speakers are terrific.... wow in the house.

If have any more issues will post.

cheers
elaine

DonM

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »
4GB is HUGE, unless you are storing a lot of samples or a ton of CDGs.  Styles, Text, Midi files and Registrations are very small files.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 06:18:21 AM »
Thankyou Don M.

Am in process of filling up that 4 gb and you are right.   Going into utility and checking how much space really is used is quite
an eye opener.    Just got through getting more files suitable for that user space.    I don't usually do samples ,, do not know
wat CDG's are.   

Thanks again for following the thread .  Much appreciation.

cheers
elaine

DonM

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:28 AM »
CDGs are a form of MP3 files.  You put the file and corresponding text file, with the same name, in the same folder, and when you play the song, the lyrics scroll, like Karaoke. 

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic