Author Topic: CVP vs CLP piano sound  (Read 1994 times)

Nocturne64

CVP vs CLP piano sound
« on: January 05, 2020, 09:52:03 AM »
As we know, latest CVP models have great piano sounds in their voice presets bank. I'm speaking only about main Classical pianos: CFX and Boesendorfer, not else. These great pianos are implemented in top CLP models, too. Anyone knows if sound samples and sound technologies are exactly the same? Surely CVP-809 has Genos sound engine in it, but what about differences between, say, CVP-809 and CLP-685 who was introduced just before Genos? Some years ago, piano sounds in CVPs was not the same as in CLPs. For example, about 10 years ago I remember that CVP models had only 3 velocity layers against 5 or 6 in CLPs. But maybe we are in a different situation now (surely we have more and more layers!). Anyone has updated information about this topic? Thanks.

Offline mikf

Re: CVP vs CLP piano sound
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:33:53 PM »
I don’t know if Yamaha release this information about the CVP and CLP, I have never seen it. I also think the CVP may not be the same piano sample as the Genos, even if has many Genos features. Of course, the keyboard feel is always going to be the biggest difference, as the Genos still has the much lighter weight keys.
Mike