Author Topic: I love that the new SX is so grabby  (Read 2519 times)

Offline beakybird

I love that the new SX is so grabby
« on: January 04, 2020, 01:11:38 AM »
I've had many PSR's almost slip out of my hands. Yamaha was really smart to make this keyboard so easy to grip. For a gigging musician, this is a major improvement.

I also like that the inputs are a little recessed making it less likely to have an accident.

A few years ago, I pulled my back, and my wife came with me to work to help me set up. She was in a hurry to get out, and packed my S970 before I removed my USB. At my next job, the USB drive had been pushed into the keyboard. I had no access to my USB drive, and I had saved no registrations to my USER drive, and the show sucked, and I lost a twice a year client. It cost $350 to fix the keyboard as the USB drive was integrated into a motherboard. This accident might be prevented with the design of the SX keyboards which has the inputs recessed from the bottom back of the keyboard.

Kudos to Yamaha.

Pino

Re: I love that the new SX is so grabby
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 02:02:52 AM »
I've had many PSR's almost slip out of my hands. Yamaha was really smart to make this keyboard so easy to grip. For a gigging musician, this is a major improvement.

I totally agree, the past PSRs were clumsy
For a home player, it probably isn’t that important
But
If your moving the keyboard often, then it’s very important

Pino
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 02:05:53 AM by Pino »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 11:02:39 AM »
Yes, my PSR 975 is slippery and not easy to hold on to when moving it! So this is a good developement!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Hi beakybird,

The USB issue was something I had always brought up and thought was a terrible design by Yamaha. Just to have one USB slot in the previous S keyboards was shameful, careless (and dangerous) just as your situation had proved and would have been my worst nightmare.

But as much as the SX has been improved, I still think Yamaha missed a trick and should have included an Mirco SD slot, I just cannot fathom a reason why it didn't have one (again). I think this is at least one area that Korg will always have one up on Yamaha, the features.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:56:33 PM by Danny1972 »