Author Topic: sx900 PLAYLIST QUESTION  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Bernie9

sx900 PLAYLIST QUESTION
« on: January 03, 2020, 09:51:39 PM »
I just got my SX900 and am trying to learn the Playlist feature. I have a bunch of reg banks in User, and am OK with that. I just put some audio and midi files in a new formatted flash drive, and am wondering if you can make up playlists from both drives and different formats.

Bernie

Offline Fred Smith

Re: sx900 PLAYLIST QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 02:58:00 AM »
I just got my SX900 and am trying to learn the Playlist feature. I have a bunch of reg banks in User, and am OK with that. I just put some audio and midi files in a new formatted flash drive, and am wondering if you can make up playlists from both drives and different formats.

A playlist can reference a registration anywhere it is. So you can have a playlist with registrations from different drives.

However, a playlist is a list of registrations, not midi or audio files. Perhaps you mean a songlist? It, too, can reference files on different drives. This makes it so much more useful than the Tyros/PSR capabilities.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
Thanks a lot Fred. I didn't know about that.

Offline lgovantes1

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 06:49:56 PM »
I recently purchased my SX900 and love it, but I do find it a bit confusing.  As a gigging musician, I want to be able to set up a setlist for my gig.  This setlist I would like to be either registrations for songs I may want to adlib on, or more structured songs from MIDI files.  I would like to find a way to create a "Playlist" on my SX900 that include both.  Am I missing something or is this not possible with the SX900?

In my opinion, there should not be a distinction of what "music" structure I want to play in a sequence of music...like a playlist.

My goal is to create a playlist for a gig that may have a mix of MIDI, Audio (MP3), or Styles all on the same playlist such that when I select a song in the playlist, it loads the complete set of parameters, voices, etc, for me to play.

Any experts that can describe how to do this?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 11:09:11 PM »
I recently purchased my SX900 and love it, but I do find it a bit confusing.  As a gigging musician, I want to be able to set up a setlist for my gig.  This setlist I would like to be either registrations for songs I may want to adlib on, or more structured songs from MIDI files.  I would like to find a way to create a "Playlist" on my SX900 that include both.  Am I missing something or is this not possible with the SX900?

In my opinion, there should not be a distinction of what "music" structure I want to play in a sequence of music...like a playlist.

My goal is to create a playlist for a gig that may have a mix of MIDI, Audio (MP3), or Styles all on the same playlist such that when I select a song in the playlist, it loads the complete set of parameters, voices, etc, for me to play.

Any experts that can describe how to do this?

You can do everything you want with registrations. Just set up one for each song you have.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons