Author Topic: Tutorial for Chord Looper?  (Read 3751 times)

Reg

Tutorial for Chord Looper?
« on: January 02, 2020, 07:40:30 PM »
   Are there any tutorials or videos available for the Genos Chord Looper?   Reg

Offline jugge

Re: Tutorial for Chord Looper?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 04:19:46 AM »
Hi Reg,

I saw that Olly Woo made a tutorial. I haven't seen it yet myself, but hope it helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMC6T08UFhk

/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 03:20:20 PM »
Very poor demonstration which told you nothing. In fact very confusing.

Reg

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 05:16:43 PM »
 Thank you Jugge and Eileen.  Reg

Offline robinez

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 06:24:05 PM »
Hi Reg,

I'm not sure, but maybe this can help you.

I've created a chord looper tutorial to help the members of a dutch Genos facebook page. It's in the dutch language, but it's mostly a demo how to use it (i'm playing the song; While my guitar gently weeps) and the first minutes is just a short instruction how to set it up (which is really simple), so  i guess that everyone can follow it with the instructions below:

Basically what i do here is adding the chord looper function to the home screen (on the assignable page) and use the Assignable E button for Loop start / stop and the Assignable F button for loop recording.
In the demo starting from 03:35 you see me recording the loop in realtime by pressing the Assignable F button and immediately loop it after that with the E button to keep the chord progression looping.

My guess is that with this info the screens in the video are more then enough to set it up yourself.

Chord looper tutorial (dutch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XepzyOuvv7A
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:14:29 PM by robinez »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Even though I only speak English I could understand what you were doing Robinez. You did not mention though that you can also change the style and the looper follows it which can be very useful.
  Very good demo.

Offline robinez

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 04:23:00 PM »
Even though I only speak English I could understand what you were doing Robinez. You did not mention though that you can also change the style and the looper follows it which can be very useful.
  Very good demo.
thank you EileenL,

you are totally right, the looper keeps on going even during changing of the style, i indeed forgot to mention that.

I did mention in the video that the chord looper continues running during the variation change, but the style change itself i forgot.

Thanks for mentioning this, it will help people to know that this feature is also supported by the genos.

Reg

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 05:59:00 PM »
Thank you Robinez. Reg

Mike2

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
Which style is used on the Genos for "While my guitar weeps". I heard it on the video with the chord looper video, but can't figure out which one it is. Sounds perfect for that song.  Thanks..

Offline robinez

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »
Which style is used on the Genos for "While my guitar weeps". I heard it on the video with the chord looper video, but can't figure out which one it is. Sounds perfect for that song.  Thanks..
it's from the free 50 styles superior pack for the genos 2.0 which you can download for free on the yamaha site

it's the style 80's german beat 1, which i modified in the style creator to make it more suitable for this song (like a different bassline and lead sounds for instance).
I can't share it anymore on this forum (that's disabled since 1 january 2020) but if you want it just sent me a private message where i can sent it to and then i will email you that style.

Mike2

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »
Ok I found it, thanks
Mike..