Author Topic: FC7 Pedal Issue  (Read 2753 times)

BusterPrevite

FC7 Pedal Issue
« on: December 29, 2019, 07:02:13 PM »
I just received my PSR-SX900 and installed an FC4A Sustain pedal in FOOT PEDAL 1 jack and the FC7 pedal in FOOT PEDAL 2 jack. I then switched on the keyboard.  I then went into the Assignable Pedal menu and selected Foot Pedal 2 to control the volume on Parts 2 & 3.  However when I depress the foot pedal the volume gets lower and when I pull back on the pedal the volume gets louder.  It seems like the polarity on my pedal is reversed.  Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?  I had used the same volume pedal previously on a PSR-S670 which operated properly.

Senn5

Re: FC7 Pedal Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 07:08:07 PM »
I had the same issue when I set mine up. I changed the polarity in the options menu and all of a sudden worked.
Not sure why, but worked.

BusterPrevite

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 07:11:00 PM »
OOPS!  Discovered the problem.  While in the Assignable Menu, I opened the Sub Menu, where the pedal polarities are listed.  I merely had to reverse the polarity in Pedal 2, and that did the trick!

Janus

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 07:13:15 PM »
It is simpel
A pedal got a make or break kontact by pressing down

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »
It is simpel
A pedal got a make or break kontact by pressing down

Not on an FC7. That's a variable controller, not an on/off switch. It's polarity should be correct 'as is', IIRC. And I think it's possible to confuse the issue by plugging in a pedal while the keyboard is switched on. I'd always do this when the keyboard is turned off.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Janus

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
You can change polarity bij press the pedal once by opstart the keyboard
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 12:01:16 PM by Janus »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 11:49:24 AM »
The problem has been solved. Very easy to change Polarity.