Author Topic: Genos 2 fixes in next update  (Read 21812 times)

Offline lut112

Genos 2 fixes in next update
« on: December 28, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
1. Increase font size
2. Enable chord step recording for user styles

Offline Wim NL

Re: Genos 2 fixes in next update
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:24:34 PM »
Amen
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline BenoitM

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 04:55:28 PM »
Add to this:

- Fix the Multiple DSPs issues:
  - Usability issue : allow to easily apply and modify multiple DSP on the same part (the tricks to either: disable or reaffect a DSP to the same part is ridiculous and non-productive)
  - Correctly save the multiple DSPs detailed parameters when saving to a Registration. (currently only the last assigned DSPs keeps its detailed parameters values, the others revert to their default… and, yes, v2.0 increased the number of User Effects slots, but it is not as convenient as a simple Registration save if you want to share your setup)

and I would be really happy :)

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 05:24:06 AM »
Add to this:

- Fix the Multiple DSPs issues:
  - Usability issue : allow to easily apply and modify multiple DSP on the same part (the tricks to either: disable or reaffect a DSP to the same part is ridiculous and non-productive)
  - Correctly save the multiple DSPs detailed parameters when saving to a Registration. (currently only the last assigned DSPs keeps its detailed parameters values, the others revert to their default… and, yes, v2.0 increased the number of User Effects slots, but it is not as convenient as a simple Registration save if you want to share your setup)

and I would be really happy :)
+1000
Also to be fixed the Audio Phraser to play correct the Fills, Break etc...
It fixed slightly in 1.4 version but not completely...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:25:23 AM by Sokratis1974 »

Ikspeel

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 08:10:47 AM »
Amen9

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 09:44:15 AM »
Whenever we open a new preset or user Vocal Harmonizer, the DSP turns off. That is totally illogical. This should be fixed so that the DSP status remains unchanged.

https://youtu.be/wwWbcfvUITA
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 09:53:52 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline Bud2

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »
This is not that important but would be nice and surely not difficult, when using the keyboard for typing names etc. It automatically goes to lower case  after typing a capital letter, like all other tablets, notebooks and Korg  do. Thanks.
Bill

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »
This is not that important but would be nice and surely not difficult when using the keyboard for typing names etc. It automatically goes to lower case after typing a capital letter, like all other tablets, notebooks, and Korg do. Thanks.
Bill
And put the apostrophe in the main keyboard area - not in the symbols area!!!
Change "Copy here" to Paste" like the rest of the friggin' world!! When they made that stupid blunder, I'm surprised that instead of "Copy," they didn't use "Mimic, Mirror, Duplicate, Echo, Ape, Photostat, or Xerox!!"

Don't forget external registration editing software >:(. Editing several registrations on the Genos takes forever and is like painting Notre Dame Cathedral with a fine-point magic marker.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Yamaha, hear, hear!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline jugge

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »
1. Increase font size

+1 for user styles in chord step recording.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline Wim

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 09:44:53 PM »
.....Change "Copy here" to Paste" like the rest of the friggin' world!!.......
I can understand this by Yamaha. It is commen in German and Dutch too sat :Copy here. for example what you highlighted before.
As Germany is a very Important market for Yamaha maybe by translation to English the person was not aware of the copy and past words used in  countries.
rgds Wim

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 12:16:37 AM »
I suppose that's possible, Wim. Let me ask this - what commands are used with PCs and Macs in Germany?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
I'd love it if it didn't matter whether or not you have an audio file or MIDI file loaded into either song player, whether it a MIDI file in A and an audio file in B, or two MIDI files, or two audio files, etc.
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline Toril S

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 11:05:44 AM »
I would like the folders to have a different color than the files, and I would like a file managing system that can allow you to open two folders, i.e. one on a drive and one on the keyboard, and then jump between them to transfer files. As it is now, you get thrown back at the root directory of the usb. If you are three subfolders and 18 pages deep in a style collection, and find a gem you like to copy to the keyboard, it takes some time to wind your way back in!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss, KeyboardByBiggs, OmbDave

Offline Wim

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2019, 02:25:25 PM »
I suppose that's possible, Wim. Let me ask this - what commands are used with PCs and Macs in Germany?
It is more the spaeking language. There pc are not an German invention so they come with the common habits from the original build country (Maybe this is not good English, But I hope you understand what I mean.) So they pc have to buttons or controls for use Paste and Copy and they made a translation for that. But for sure in the Netherlands and in Germany too I think, not many people talk first copy and than say paste. It;s more You copy this here or there. Or use 2 times the word copy. example. You copy this and than copy it here.  So now you have learned a little German and Dutch habits/
rgds Wim

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks Wim,
  I have never found this a problem. We expect we have to learn new things with new keyboards and this is good for us. Keeps our brains going.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »
It is more the spaeking language. There pc are not an German invention so they come with the common habits from the original build country (Maybe this is not good English, But I hope you understand what I mean.) So they pc have to buttons or controls for use Paste and Copy and they made a translation for that. But for sure in the Netherlands and in Germany too I think, not many people talk first copy and than say paste. It;s more You copy this here or there. Or use 2 times the word copy. example. You copy this and then copy it here.  So now you have learned a little German and Dutch habits/
rgds Wim
That makes sense, Wim.

I am a technical writer. We must always "globalize" our documents. That means we must design and write them to the standards of the target audience. For example, if I am writing to a British or other former Commonwealth audience, I use the British dictionary for spell checking. Otherwise, I use the U.S. spelling, which is the predominant world standard. You would think that Genos keyboards sold in Canada, U.S., and other similar cultures would have their operating systems globalized. It's not that difficult to change and the number of North American PC and Mac users is enormous!

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 07:43:36 AM »
And put the apostrophe in the main keyboard area - not in the symbols area!!!
Change "Copy here" to Paste" like the rest of the friggin' world!! When they made that stupid blunder, I'm surprised that instead of "Copy," they didn't use...
I am not 100% with you ....
Yamaha changed not only the text (also for me as german the paste is my favourite )...

I hope Yamaha is goin back to paste multiple usable.

PASTE is the multiple possible thing so you can copy the "in copy" things to several folders ...
copy here  means copy here .. and isn't usable in different folders ... only ONE TIME!

1. Increase font size
I reported this to japan with pictures serveral times ...

I asked HERE in PSR-Tutorial in July 2019 of editing the 16:9 to 4:3 but almost nobody was disappointed with the loosing of monitor content here in psr-tutorial ... :-)
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,50787.msg397830.html#msg397830

greetings from germany
frank
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:50:44 AM by frankmusik »
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Murat

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »

MULTI PAD CONTROL
1.   They currently don’t remember the last chord applied and always reverts back to C-Major when played on their own. Let’s say you are playing a song in D-Minor and would like to stop the style, play freehand guitar and only start a PAD and continue playing the guitar, although the song is in D-minor the PAD will play C-major – this is not good. The PADs should remember the last chord applied, just like Korg keyboards.
2.   It should be possible to turn on/off PADs individually. On Korg keyboards, you can just select the PADs you want turned on and turn off the ones you don’t want without having to stop the whole lot.

DATA WHEEL
1.   The primary job for the wheel needs to be to control the tempo. If a window is open it can then control whatever window is open.

SMOOTH TRANSITION 
1.   Unfortunately, in many situations, the smooth transition does not take place; changing a OTS or a Registration can create a loud ugly sound due to the effects or sounds saved within each OTS or Registration. Would be great if this is fixed.

Offline kbrkr

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
My List (so far):

* Allow Song Player not to care whether song is a MIDI or MP3 and allow both to play concurrently (for mixing purposes).
* Selecting a playlist entry or registration entry containing a MIDI or MP3, will load a PLAYER A or B which is not running.  Allows for non-stop / interrupted mixing.
* Allow for QUICK Registration SAVE (Press memory twice + #) allows you to save the registration to the current folder without having to go through menus.
* Allow for QUICK Playlist saving of the currently active playlist.  Simply press a button to save it to the current location.
* Allow EQ on MP3 Songs
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:38:13 PM by kbrkr »

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 02:47:35 PM »
Allow for QUICK Registration SAVE (Press memory twice + #) allows you to save the registration to the current folder without having to go through menus.
Great idea!! The Genos is a computer first, with keys and sounds attached. Yamaha needs to start treating it as such - not the other way around :D.

Kame

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »
for me the biggest problem is that each sub output sends a signal without dsp.
I would like to have an option if I want to exit before or after dsp.and mono or stereo

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
SMOOTH TRANSITION 
1.   Unfortunately, in many situations, the smooth transition does not take place; changing a OTS or a Registration can create a loud ugly sound due to the effects or sounds saved within each OTS or Registration. Would be great if this is fixed.
I agree as sometimes the result is awful. But resolving this requires either to double the DSP power, or to use DSP reserved for "song" parts.
You can reduce this awful result, by carefully trying to keep the same DSP effects with the same parameter values for the active parts between registrations. It requires to carefully build registrations. Not always possible.

Soundphase

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »
Hi
You can get smooth transitions if you keep the next registration volume levels  the same if using the same instrument othewise you are cutting the tail off which causes the glitch.

Al the best
john
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 02:00:45 PM »
Hi
You can get smooth transitions if you keep the next registration volume levels the same if using the same instrument otherwise you are cutting the tail off which causes the glitch.
Al the best
john
John, I don't remember having this issue with any of the Tyros keyboards I owned. What changed? Why Genos, if it's supposed to be so far superior?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 02:36:45 PM »
John, I don't remember having this issue with any of the Tyros keyboards I owned. What changed? Why Genos, if it's supposed to be so far superior?

If you didn’t see the issue of the Tyros, Lee, you weren’t paying attention. It’s been an issue ever since Yamaha introduced DSPs.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 03:18:18 PM »
If you didn’t see the issue of the Tyros, Lee, you weren’t paying attention. It’s been an issue ever since Yamaha introduced DSPs.

Cheers,
Fred
They only wake me up for the important stuff, Fred :D! Thanks...

Offline beekay

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »
I always play using the "Registration Bank Edit" screen having entered details of the registrations, i.e. "Piano", "Saxes" etc., and it would be nice if each section lit with each corresponding registration button.   It was like this on the Tyros keyboards.   I appreciate that the registration info is included in the "Registration Bank Information" and is lit and linked to the reg. buttons but each section is only about 8mm wide and there is too much information shown.

Brian

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2020, 06:27:55 PM »
Beekay, you said, "I appreciate that the registration info is included in the "Registration Bank Information" and is lit and linked to the reg. buttons but each section is only about 8mm wide and there is too much information shown."

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

Offline beekay

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »
Hi Lee
Not sure how to post a screenshot but on the "Regist Bank" screen, if you tap on "menu" at the top right hand side, the first item is "Regist Bank Info" and the second item is "Regist Bank Edit"
The Regist Bank Info has all the details of the registration, Left, R1, R2, R3, etc for all 10 regs but the screen is too cluttered.   
Regards
Brian

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2020, 10:06:02 PM »
You can get to the reg. info screen a little quicker from any other screen  by pushing  Direct Access followed by any of the registration buttons.
If desired you can inspect the info and then switch to the registration of choice  by touching it in that screen.
John

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 11:29:51 PM »
Hi Lee
Not sure how to post a screenshot but on the "Regist Bank" screen, if you tap on "menu" at the top right hand side, the first item is "Regist Bank Info" and the second item is "Regist Bank Edit"
The Regist Bank Info has all the details of the registration, Left, R1, R2, R3, etc for all 10 regs but the screen is too cluttered.   
Regards
Brian
Okay got it. Thanks, Beekay. I remember that screen now.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
Reg Bank info is an assignable function, so it can be assignet to one of assignable buttons. I have assigned to A button, so it's very quickly 😉

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline kbrkr

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2020, 03:24:12 PM »
My Second Enhancement list:

Better Playlist Management Options -
* Quicker way of moving an entry Up/Dn by Page / Top of List / Bottom of List.  I wish you could drag and drop now that we have a touch screen.
* Better management of moving Playlist entries - BETWEEN Playlists in the keyboard (not using EXCEL).  For example if I have a MASTER playlist and want to break it into 4 Sets, I'd like to call up the MASTER playlist and copy and paste chunks of entries into separate Lists.
* I would like to see Playlist entries "Gray Out" once they are played during a performance.  Either create a start performance button or reset once powered down.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2020, 03:56:08 PM »
Not a 'fixlist' addon, but would like to repeat myself form anoter thread regarded to the topic:

We can see the left hand actually pressed chords at the screen. I'm not any good at read or play stright out off musicsheet, need some time to rehearsal. When chords for a song is glued into my mind an a certain key, it might happen I need to transpose.
In that case, I would like to see in the display what chords comes out off the keyboard and not the actually played ones. An option to change what show up in display, played or sounding chords, would be great. 👍

Btw, some time ago when I asked about this feature, Yamaha support told me that this was complete impossible to do, and that the engineers was too busy and would not listen if they delivered the wish.
As long as there is other brands that shows the chords we hear at the display when transpose, it's probably not impossible. Maybe not many users that miss it or see any benefit of thes feature, or simply that the right person has not mentioned it to the engineers.....
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »
I would like this too! Great idea Gunnar Jonny!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2020, 09:14:31 PM »
I think this would be very confusing for some after all you may transpose the song but you will still be playing the same chords. If playing in C and you raise transpose half a tone you are not going to start playing the Db chord of it would sound bad.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2020, 08:48:00 AM »
Korg shows the sounded chords, and so does the Roland BK7m, at least the one I just sold.
Imagine you have connected an external screen for others to see the chordchanges, and if transposed, the chords you hear is not the ones you can see at the screen....
Cheers 🥂
GJ

keynote

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2020, 10:40:24 PM »
Hopefully Yamaha will fix the super slow access of MIDI files located on the User Drive (SSD?). If Yamaha used a real SSD in the Genos then there shouldn't be a problem when trying to access MIDI files, Audio files, Folders, and/or Sub-folders. And yet that is exactly what happens sometimes when accessing midi files after updating to the latest OS 2.01 update. After upgrading to 2.01 I had high hopes the problem would be ironed out since OS 2.0 was the beginning of this issue at least in my case. But no such luck.

For instance, I did a "Search" for a specific MIDI file located on the User Drive (all my midi files are on the User Drive by the way). The midi file I was looking for was by the Beach Boys. I have thousands and thousands of midi files located on the User Drive within Folders and Sub-folders. I typed in Beach Boys and the list came up with several midi files, 71 in total to be precise. I selected one using the touch screen and it said "loading" but it never loaded even after 20 minutes. The pop up message continued saying "loading" and of course when files are being accessed you can't do anything else on the Genos except play the keys, until after the file is loaded and the message disappears from the screen. I ended up having to turn the Genos off and restart it. It doesn't happen every time when trying to access files and folders on the User Drive, but it is irritating when it does happen and it would be especially troubling if it happened during a live performance.  And I am at a loss at what might be causing this issue except possibly a software glitch somewhere within the coding process of the Operating System. The problem didn't happen when I used OS 1.40 but I don't really want to go back to an earlier OS since I would be missing out on all the great things that OS 2.01 brings to the table. If Yamaha fixed this particular anomaly it would be icing on the cake.  8)

PS: I reduced the amount of midi files contained within certain folders and sub-folders, which seemed to help initially, but the problem continues to occur in certain situations and IT AIN'T RIGHT!  ;D LOL Although it's not funny really. It's kind of a drag.  :( Workflow is reduced and it's a pain in the neck when it happens and so hopefully Yamaha will sort it out in the next update. If there "is" a next update!?!?  :-\

All the best,
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »
Hi Mike,
  I would not think this is a fault with the keyboard but rather the way you have your Midi's stored. Remember you can only have so many files stored in Sub Folders as well as so many Midi's in files.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2020, 12:51:32 PM »
Mike,

Sounds like an indexing problem. Have you left the keyboard on long enough so the index can be updated?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2020, 01:36:09 PM »
I thought the User drive in the Genos is an SSD. Access times on SSDs are very short. I agree with Fred. I read this brief article on SSDs.

"Disable Indexing or the Windows Search Service: Some guides say you should disable search indexing–a feature that makes search work faster. They claim that, with an SSD, searching is already fast enough. But this isn’t really true. Indexing builds a list of the files on your drive and looks inside your documents so you can perform an instant full-text search."

I think either there has been inadequate time given for the Genos OS to index all files or the software has a glitch that inhibits indexing. At any rate, the SSD shouldn't be stalling as described. SSDs are very fast but even faster when indexing works correctly. Does indexing go on in the background when you're playing the Genos or is there only one CPU to handle all the music functions, leaving nothing for background operations?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 01:37:13 PM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline steakikan

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2020, 09:58:23 AM »
MULTI PAD CONTROL

2.   It should be possible to turn on/off PADs individually. On Korg keyboards, you can just select the PADs you want turned on and turn off the ones you don’t want without having to stop the whole lot.

ituations, the smooth transition does not take place; changing a OTS or a Registration can create a loud ugly sound due to the effects or sounds saved within each OTS or Registration. Would be great if this is fixed.

CMIIW, but the way you stop multipad individually is by pressing the multipad you want to stop and then press stop button. A bit unintuitive but iirc my PSR-s910 also react that way.

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2020, 12:11:19 PM »
What the heck is "CMIIW?" More texting shorthand that not everyone understands :)?

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 12:40:32 PM »
What the heck is "CMIIW?" More texting shorthand that not everyone understands :)?

Correct Me If I'm Wrong =CMIIW
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 02:51:43 PM »
Thanks, Stephen. I find these abbreviations are being used a lot on forums. Not all of us spend our entire days texting frivolous content and hence, don't know what these abbreviations mean. They are very annoying!

People, write out the words :)!!

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2020, 04:13:08 PM »
A small correction: while pressing STOP button, press the pad button number you want to stop. THIS VIDEO shows it clearly (German language).

Francesco
Plain and simple, all Pad buttons should be toggle On and Off. Having to press two buttons is just nuts. The location of the pad buttons is where we all play the melody. At least if they were on the left, the rhythms have a hold characteristic where we could reach up between bars and turn them on or off. With a toggle action, it wouldn't matter too much whether they're on the left or right.

There are times when Yamaha thinks we all have five hands.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2020, 04:59:13 PM »
Plain and simple, all Pad buttons should be toggle On and Off.

Except ...

People would complain that they accidentally hit the button twice, resulting in the pad staying switched off.

Also, if you change the multipad bank while a pad is running, and press the button again, then the current behaviour is to immediately switch to use the pad from the new bank. If they were toggle on/off then this scenario would then need 2 presses - one to stop the running pad, another to start the new one. i'm sure someone would complain they couldn't remember if thy had to press the button 2, 3, or 4 times in a row :)

It's the same old story ... any change in behaviour to suit one scenario makes another one more difficult. It's hard to get a good compromise!
Genos

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
Except ...

People would complain that they accidentally hit the button twice, resulting in the pad staying switched off.

Also, if you change the multipad bank while a pad is running, and press the button again, then the current behaviour is to immediately switch to use the pad from the new bank. If they were toggle on/off then this scenario would then need 2 presses - one to stop the running pad, another to start the new one. i'm sure someone would complain they couldn't remember if thy had to press the button 2, 3, or 4 times in a row :)

It's the same old story ... any change in behaviour to suit one scenario makes another one more difficult. It's hard to get a good compromise!
Good points, DerekA. It would be a tough call.

keynote

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 03:30:28 PM »
Hi Mike,
  I would not think this is a fault with the keyboard but rather the way you have your Midi's stored. Remember you can only have so many files stored in Sub Folders as well as so many Midi's in files.

Hi Eileen, sorry for the delayed response. Yes dear, there is a limit to the amount of files within folders and sub-folders, and sub-folders within folders, etc. Knowing that, when I originally transferred my midi files to the Genos I had to of course limit the amount of midi files I placed within folders and sub-folders. The fact that I was able to transfer the midi files successfully meant that I had stayed within the specification limit. As I stated previously, when I was using OS 1.40 the extreme delays in accessing midi files, on occasion, and/or when moving up or down within the folder display menu, didn't happen near to the extent it happens now using OS 2.01. As I also mentioned previously, I actually have significantly reduced the amount of midi files within certain folders and sub-folders in order to help reduce the delays and that does help, but it has not cured the problem. In certain situations (like when using the Search feature, etc., as I stated in my previous post) it still does occur on occasion even in the folders/sub-folders where I significantly reduced the number of midi files. And the Beach Boy midi file I was trying to access, using the Search function, only had a very limited amount of midi files within the folder. My Genos works great in every other way otherwise. Apparently I'm the only one experiencing this specific problem since it seems all the other members on this forum don't have vast amounts of midi files located on their User Drive(s), since nobody has chimed in confirming the same issue. The fact that this problem didn't really occur when using OS 1.40 means the problem is most likely the result of some coding glitch in the software programming of OS 2.0/01. It is a fairly common occurrence which can happen when an OS is updated. For instance, Microsoft Windows 10. Microsoft fixes certain "bugs" and updates certain features on Windows 10 fairly often. And occasionally when they do that, other problems have arisen and then they need to go back to the drawing board and fix the new "bugs" or features they 'broke' after the update. All I am asking is for Yamaha to look in to this specific issue, if they have the time, and hopefully fix it with the next update. ;)

All the best,
Mike   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:34:53 PM by keynote »