Author Topic: Programs for ipad for PSR 975  (Read 3343 times)

pka4916

Programs for ipad for PSR 975
« on: December 28, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »
I thought there were programs out there for the PSR 975 for Ipad.  but all i found was a few meter programs?   is that correct?

also,  what is a good program to put all your sheet music into a library?
I've been downloading tons of free ones, but most of them you need to sign up for a subscription therefore you cant do anything.
Seem having a hard time finding a good program for that.

Any hints/help is appreciated.

thank you

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Programs for ipad for PSR 975
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 06:10:43 PM »
There are many: Songbook+, Forscore, etc. Just a matter of trying them out and decide which one you like best.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 10:43:41 PM »
I use SongBook+ for my PDF's.  With this great program, In addition to having all the PDF sheets in the iPad. . . the iPad/SongBook+ is wireless connected to my Genos keyboard via Bluetooth (using a wireless midi interface adapter) and can control my registrations to/from the Genos and the SongBook+.  In other words, when i select a PDF in the iPad, the program automatically brings up the corresponding registration in the keyboard (and viceverse).

I am not sure if the same would work exactly the same for the PSR 975 . . . but maybe other people can confirm.

thanks 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 11:30:13 PM »
I use SongBook+ for my PDF's.  With this great program, In addition to having all the PDF sheets in the iPad. . . the iPad/SongBook+ is wireless connected to my Genos keyboard via Bluetooth (using a wireless midi interface adapter) and can control my registrations to/from the Genos and the SongBook+.  In other words, when i select a PDF in the iPad, the program automatically brings up the corresponding registration in the keyboard (and viceverse).

I am not sure if the same would work exactly the same for the PSR 975 . . . but maybe other people can confirm.

The 975 can’t do the direction you describe, but can do the vice versa.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

VilleGuy

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 04:27:51 AM »
I posted on this previously in another thread. I corresponded with the fellow who created SongBook+, and he verified that his app will indeed work with the PSR S775 and S975 to call up registrations in the way that Al Ram noted.

SongBook+ will not do this with any other arrangers in the PSR line, however.

pka4916

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 06:55:27 AM »
Thank you all.

I've been playing with Songbook+ all day,   and works nice.
I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with my S975 at all.   read the manual, but it's not helping me much
I use the wireless adapter from Yamaha, and it's working with my laptop.  but  I can't seem to figure it out what I need to do in Songbook+ on my Ipad pro
I enabled everything with Wifi, and nothing..  even  changed the IP address I found in the setting (Client) and changed that to the IP from the PSR.  (wasn't sure)
but even that does not work. 
After messing around for 7 hours I gave up.

What am I missing , or what do I need to do, to make it work?

VilleGuy

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 10:27:47 PM »
You could ask SongBook+ support. I've found him to be very helpful and responsive:
support@baumsoftware.freshdesk.com

I have not begun to use SongBook+ yet, but as I noted above, they have assured me it will do what you seek do you on your S975.

pka4916

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 10:37:35 PM »
I had opened a ticket and got a response.
I am up an running now, and i am impressed with it.

Still need to figure out how the whole Bank thing works..  I could not get that to work,  but  my knowledge of the 975 is limited..  I need to work on that some more.

(as a side node..   If a Mod is reading this..  I never get any e-mail notification once there is a new post)  even though I am subscribed to it.

VilleGuy

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 04:06:52 AM »
pka, I am behind you on the 975 / SongBook+ curve, as I have not yet purchased the app. I am also a newbie, so the registration hurdle is one that I will have to conquer first.

You may see me posting some questions here next month, when I get a chance to explore this issue. And I may need some tips from you  :D

pka4916

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 06:18:57 AM »
i did not purchased it yet, but it's getting closer :)
Once I know the registers are working, then i am happy.

Still a little bit bumped that I have to dump everything in the main folder of the program,  i can't seem to have sub folders for my midi files and pdf files seems like it.
idk if there is a file limit for the folder..   if I want to add my whole library of more than 14.000 midi's and also 14.000 pdf files at some point...   idk if it's going to be happy lol
not even sure if i want to have my whole collection in there..  prob. need to filter some old ones.