Author Topic: trouble with bonus playlist  (Read 3138 times)

blackpool

trouble with bonus playlist
« on: December 27, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »
I tend not to load playlists externally - I really only use registrations
I have only converted MF to playlists and then make my own playlists from there

Comes to my Q....
Downloaded from Yam.site the zipped bonus playlist - unzipped, copied to USB and loaded to playlist.
Its all there on Playlists with titles but i am getting error message 'files inappropriate' when i try to load individual titles in each playlist ie. ballroom etc.  So copied to Reg. screen in case that was the prob. still not working.

I am pretty Useless with tech .....any help ?

Thanks Keith

Offline Patrick

Re: trouble with bonus playlist
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »
Hi Keith, just put the playlist "PSR-SX900 Playlist" in the root of the USB stick and then load the playlist Latin, … all the best Patrick

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
Thanks - I used my yamaha usb ( contains all my other yam files/folders) 

I will try using a blank usb and copy bonus playlist to its root and see if this helps -  It is an 'individual' folder and i just copied that one from the sticks contents to playlist as i would with any other file/folder .....I was not aware it had to be 'stand alone'  ....but will give that a go. and copy the categories individually

Thanks

ps... UPDATE......all the bonus playlist registrations have copied to reg page anyway all in their folders, so I suppose i can simply create my own playlists from there anyway with songs I want to use. they are all working fine - each tune has an individual reg bank ( just like MF conversions )
Still just cant work it out...not that it really matters now I can use what i want from the bonus playlist contents via registrations.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:17:26 AM by blackpool »

rcpilot

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 02:05:17 AM »
Yes, you have to follow the txt file directions, put in root of USB....hope it works, I will get a few usb's tomorrow, then I will try too.
Lee

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 02:51:38 AM »
When you unzip it, the folder "BonusPlaylistfor..." must be the top level folder.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

blackpool

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
Thanks Lee and Fred, just a Q then .....

Now that I have the supporting registrations for each entry loaded from the Bonus lists, I can create the actual individual lists i need and want from there.... or maybe add entries to my own existing Playlists

Would having the 'actual' playlists be better in any way?

I simply use playlist as a 'list' ie. repertoire when I want to maybe perform a song selection ..... maybe I am missing an important function it has.

Thanks - Keith

Offline Bud2

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 01:41:05 PM »
If you download it from the Yamaha site and unzip it and put on the root of a USB stick it will  but only in USB1 position, however if you make a copy of the playlist you need to copy it once while in Registration mode and then press the Playlist button and copy it again, it will ask if you want to overwrite the files say yes, this copy mode will only take a few seconds but this  "second" copy in the Playlist mode is important, if you don't do this the copy of the playlist won't work, as you are experiencing.
Bill

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »
Thanks Lee and Fred, just a Q then .....

Now that I have the supporting registrations for each entry loaded from the Bonus lists, I can create the actual individual lists i need and want from there.... or maybe add entries to my own existing Playlists

Would having the 'actual' playlists be better in any way?

I simply use playlist as a 'list' ie. repertoire when I want to maybe perform a song selection ..... maybe I am missing an important function it has.

No, I don’t see that using the 'actual' playlist would be any better.

Cheers,
Fref
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons