Author Topic: New demo CVP 809  (Read 5344 times)

Offline tangothomas

New demo CVP 809
« on: December 12, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »
Here is a CVP 809 demo from ePianos.co.uk that I haven’t seen posted before.

https://youtu.be/igeuo-_nBW8

https://youtu.be/QWthr38QG9g

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline mikf

Re: New demo CVP 809
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
Sounds great. Expensive though, maybe about of $10,000. Seems to have all Genos voices, combined with an outstanding touch piano keyboard. I am interested though.
Mike

Offline tangothomas

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »
You should be!

Offline tangothomas

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »
In Sweden the prize is the same, 10.000$. But no one will pay that.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 10:58:12 AM »
Will be interesting when someone shares the downloaded 809 styles to see what's new.
DGX670

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
As the 809 is based on Genos I don't think there will be many we don't have.

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »
I went down to E-pianos  yesterday and came back having ordered a CVP805PE for delivery in the new year.

Just a slight wording of warning, to anyone taking their own memory stick with their styles/voices on, to a demo.
Yes, your existing styles will play fine, but it's almost certain that your styles will not pick up the new voices, without editing, so the resulting sounds will be similar to your existing piano.

However, listening to the onboard new styles/voices is a revelation and to say I was impressed, is an understatement, hence the order.

This is a replacement for a CVP605PE, also purchased from them about 5 years ago.
I found Chris (the guy in the video) and company easy to deal with and would no hesitation in recommending them.

Nocturne64

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 09:20:08 PM »
Could you please tell us more in detail differences between 600 and 800 series? Obviously I speak of the sounds/voices/styles quality, not features (we can read features in brochure and user manual). Unfortunately I had no chance to try new 805/809 yet, hoping in short time. Thanks.

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »
Hi Nocturne64

I find it difficult to describe the differences in the sounds/voices/styles quality and i can only comment on the the 805, i purposely didn't look at the 809, simply because it's beyond my means and I can't afford it! I didn't want the 809 results to colour my judgement of the 805

The 605 was first seen on 2012, so the 800 series represents 7 years of technology advancement, particularly in the digital sampling of voices.
I am old enough to remember the difference between FM radio and the old AM radio and i have to say the 600/800 difference is similar.

The new sounds are far more alive and crisper. I was obviously happy with the grand piano on my 605, but the CFX and Bosendorfer sounds are a great advancement, similarly instrumental sounds like the breathy Sax/Clarinet and the haunting Oboe are a revelation.
You really have to hear these sounds for yourself, preferably in a live demo, or via some of the U-tube videos which are now coming on stream. If you are listening via video, make sure you listen via your HI-Fi or quality headphones, rather than crappy laptop speakers. A lot of my playing is on headphones, due to living in a semi!

When you do hear these voices, make sure you are listening to the new voices and not what Yamaha now call the Legacy voices, which are sounds carried over from previous models
The 805  listed as having 1315 voices, i'm not sure how many are new, but I guess several hundred

So, l'm looking forward to delivery and I'll give a further report when i've got used to the new machine.

Merry Xmas to you all.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:57:58 AM by Kenneve »

Nocturne64

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 07:42:59 PM »
Hi, thank you very much for your very useful review. Comparing AM/FM technologies with old/new sounds you clarified very well most important differences between two instruments. Very interesting. Yes, when your new 805 will be delivered, please update your review with your impression playing your new CVP. Thank you again.