Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Does anyone have ForScore working with Genos via MIDI?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Dromeus:

--- Quote from: kbrkr on December 25, 2019, 04:24:48 PM ---Would you know the MIDI Sequence Songbook sends to the Genos to select a Registration and/or a playlist?

--- End quote ---

Hi

To open a registration stored on a USB stick use the following sysex message:

* F0 43 73 01 52 26 03 00 00 00
* USB:/YourPath/YourSong/YourSong.T556.rgt
* 00 F7
The first part starts and identifies the sysex message.

The second part specifies the file location of your registration bank. As all my regs reside on a USB stick, "USB:/" is all ever need, but you may use "Preset:/" to access the regs that come as demo presets with the Genos, or "User:/" to access the user storage. "YourPath" must be the complete path incl subfolders. "T556" identifies the file icon that is used with the registration. Of course, the number depends on the icon used, so you have to look up the complete file name, e.g. by checking the folder directory with a PC. The ASCII string must be converted in HEX. I did not check how to access a second USB stick connected to Genos, I don't need that feature.

The third part ends the sysex message.

These three parts combined make a valid sysex message to get Genos to load your registration.

I don't know about ForSCore, I use Cantabile for controlling my complete keyboard setup. In Cantibile I would simple enter the sysex string as

x"F0 43 73 01 52 26 03 00 00 00"
"USB:/MyPath/MySong/MySong.T556.rgt"
x"00 F7"

which is very handy and straightforward.

HTH
Michael

kbrkr:
Thank you Michael,

The first problem I see that i'm going to have right off the bat is ForScore only accepts HEX values and will not accept text for the Path/Reg name.  I'll have to figure that one out with the Software Developers help.

Dromeus:
To convert path/file name to hex you need a "ascii to hex converter". There are free apps out there to do the job, or just use any of (countless) online tools like http://dolcevie.com/js/converter.html.

frozzers:
ForScore is a great app but I think they're missing a trick not documenting how to connect their app via MIDI to a keyboard.

I've had a number of goes at it without success so if you can get it working that would be brilliant!

Cheers

Chris

kbrkr:
Your so right Chris...I've contacted the developer on the Facebook page to let them know.  Who knows, maybe they will address it.  I needled them that SongBook+ (a competitor) handles it much better and I'd rather not buy it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version