Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Does anyone have ForScore working with Genos via MIDI?

<< < (8/8)

frozzers:
Hi Andy

I've just realised I didn't post a link here to a new topic I started on this in the 'Tablets' board.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58771.0.html

No need to delay getting an iPad Pro now!

Cheers

Chris

AndiiRoo:

Hi Chris, many thanks, nice one, I've still got my camera connecter and USB/midi connector from my Tyros days.

Yup, there's a new iPad Pro soon hopefully, accordingly to the Apple leaks, so it would be a bad move not to wait for that, much as I'm desperate to get one.

I did think that the feedback from Forscore was a bit of a cop-out though, the Yamaha MD BT101 is Bluetooth 4 compliant, and everything else seems to work with it as it should, as does Forscore itself on older iPads. I still think Forscore needs tweaking for iOS14 as other Apps have done following their own iOS14 issues, rather than suggesting that it is a Yamaha peculiarity.

Cheers, Andy

Gérard Marcy:

--- Quote from: AndiiRoo on February 15, 2021, 06:06:52 PM ---Yes, sorry about the video quality, it was a quick demo on my mobile to show that each way selections between Genos Registrations, and Songs in Forscore, can be achieved. It's clearer on a PC screen.
This is what I do in Forscore v10.5, Maybe a different layout in v12?

I use the Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth adapter in Port 2 (B), which I personally find is way more stable in OnSong than Port A, and this reflects in the numbers in my following example.

You need a midi template and I find it best to start from the empty MIDI OFF template in Midi Presets.
On the System tab page 2/2 I have ON for System Exclusive Message Receive, the other 3 entries are all OFF.
On the Transmit page I only have one entry - Part 'Song CH1' Channel 'Port2Ch2', everything else is Off.
On the Receive page I have all 16 Port1 Channels set to 'Song', and  under Part, Port2Ch1 set to 'Keyboard'.
Save the Template and for me this allows OnSong, Forscore, VanBasco's Karaoke Player playing through the Genos, and Chord Tracker.

On the Genos, Registrations must be numbered consecutively 001, 002 etc

In Forscore - Suitcase Icon - Settings - Midi Network - Scan - put a tick against Genos when its' found.
Load a song in Forscore, tap on title, click midi tab:
Click SEND, click on +, select Program Change from the menu. In the 4 boxes Chl-MSB-LSB-0-127 type 1-0-9-0 (if for example 009 is the Registration you want to select - enter in the LSB box, not the 0-127 box).
Click OPEN, then on the + sign, then on 'Learn' from the menu, then on the Genos, open the Regist Bank page by holding down the Regist Bank Select + and - buttons, then touch Registration number 009. If it is all connected ok, you will see the Hex Codes read into Forscore and saved automatically.

I hope I've remembered to write down everything, OnSong works quite differently from a one line Program Change number in a midi file saved to each Registration. I see no reason why this couldn't also be used for Forscore, but I haven't explored that yet

--- End quote ---

Hello Andy,
Great, your method works!
We advance ... we advance ...

But ... because there is always a but, not always:
If I choose another registration from the same bank, nothing happens.
In fact it only works if there is a change of bank before the change of registration.
I haven't found a way around this problem yet.

Sincerely, Gérard

Gérard Marcy:

--- Quote from: Gérard Marcy on March 31, 2021, 02:58:21 PM ---I haven't found a way around this problem yet.

--- End quote ---

Eureka, I think I have found a solution!
Using the Playlist everything works, always.
I continue my tests ...

AndiiRoo:
Hi Gérard, I've only just picked up on your posts, thanks and I look forward to looking at this - new iPad Pro being delivered at the end of the month

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version