Author Topic: 35 New Styles - which songs?  (Read 8180 times)

35 New Styles - which songs?
« on: December 24, 2019, 08:43:16 AM »
Merry Xmas all

I’m wondering which songs the new styles are based on, if any. Does anyone have any ideas please? As there is no playlist yet for them it’s not obvious to me.

Thanks very much
Best wishes
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline ugawoga

Re: 35 New Styles - which songs?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 10:21:16 AM »
Well it won't be Emerson ,Lake and Palmer!!! ;D

"Any more Cheese"  probably!! :) 8)

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »
I find listening to the intros helps. For instance Orch Movie Ballad is My Heart will go on. Icy Ballad is the song from Frozen. Block Buster Ballad for Everything I do. Gun Slinger, The Good the Bad the Ugly.
UK Soul, Stay with Me.

These few may give you an idea. 

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »
Ugawoga I love it! Great reference!

I’ll be waiting a long time for some ELP styles! Changing time signatures every two bars would be fun...

Best wishes
Steve

Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »
Thanks Eileen
I had tried that and did get the few you referred to but no others yet!
I’ll keep listening
Thanks
Steve

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 11:30:46 PM »
Hi jeremy

How's about "Bitches Crystal"!! 8)
Other people will wonder what i am talking about
Never mind Tarkus will do!!
I hope these extra styles does not include Schlager or EDM!!
"I'd rather have a Lager!! :)
HAPPY CHRISTMAS JEREMY
Lets have some Camel styles or Black Widow or Quatermass, Seventh Wave, Yes, Be Bop Deluxe , Chicago, Boston, Curved Air, Pink Floyd, ELO>.Maybe more Santana. Snowy White. Ruperts People, Roland Alphonso Isley Brothers. Moody Blues Mike Oldfield, Second Hand, May Blitz, Free, Chris Rea, Uriah Heep, Otis Redding, Junior walker. And more.
Just Kidding!! ;D

All the best
John :) :P
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 11:43:59 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 12:15:03 PM »
No EDM but a couple of really nice schlager ones that can be used for many songs.

Happy Christmas John

Offline RoyB

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 12:59:38 PM »
John

I went to see Keith Emerson several times between 1969-1971 playing first with The Nice and then Emerson, Lake and Palmer, and great shows they were.

I wonder if there is a Yamaha voice for an old battered Hammond L-100 organ being thrown around from side to side and with knives being rammed into the keybed?

Happy Christmas

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2019, 02:48:16 PM »
HI ALL M8'S

APART FROM THE CRYPTIC JOKES ----------------------

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEWYEAR TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

All the Best
John :)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Bill

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »

I’m wondering which songs the new styles are based on, if any. Does anyone have any ideas please? As there is no playlist yet for them it’s not obvious to me.
Steve

Hi Steve

Please see attached PDF for details as extracted from the SXplaylist - Missing Styles

Bill

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 01:44:29 AM »
Bill
That’s really helpful thanks

Steve

The following users thanked this post: Amxf5

Offline Amxf5

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 07:35:01 PM »
When I  opened the SX playlist, I ended up with 35 styles. Is there supposed to be 50,as in Bill's list?

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »
First o fall: Thank you for the list Bill. Much appreciated.
However, there are 35 Styles from the SX900
Bills list contains styles not part of the 35 Styles and a couple of the 35 styles are missing.
No biggie ;)
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 01:40:59 AM »
John

I went to see Keith Emerson several times between 1969-1971 playing first with The Nice and then Emerson, Lake and Palmer, and great shows they were.

I wonder if there is a Yamaha voice for an old battered Hammond L-100 organ being thrown around from side to side and with knives being rammed into the keybed?

Happy Christmas

Roy

Very cool, I got to see ELP twice but would have liked to have seen The Nice play "Rondo" aka "Blue Rondo Ala Turk."   Instead I went to see "Pictures at an Exhibition" :)
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »
Hi - I re-did this list (supplied here) in XLS format, so that I could combine with some other files I have.
Here is the file.  It is the same basic info as the file provided by someone earlier in this thread, just entered
into Excel instead of as a PDF file.

Jim

Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: Jacob, JohnStarbuck, dawn68, Tonytony, ludo willems, Shade of pale, balcino

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »
Hi - in the list someone posted (which I reformatted to XLS format), I could not find the following
styles within the SX900 for Genos group ..

Where are these?
  US MarchingBand
  FastJazz
  60sBigHit
  CountryBeat

Are they from another collection?  I could not find them as "preset" (built-in) on Genos, nor in the Superior Pack, nor in the SX900-for-Genos package.

Thanks!
Jim

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 11:51:39 PM »
Hi - in the list someone posted (which I reformatted to XLS format), I could not find the following
styles within the SX900 for Genos group ..

Where are these?
  US MarchingBand
  FastJazz
  60sBigHit
  CountryBeat

Are they from another collection?  I could not find them as "preset" (built-in) on Genos, nor in the Superior Pack, nor in the SX900-for-Genos package.

Thanks!
Jim

Read my pot above ;)
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 11:59:58 PM »
Hi Eric - thanks - yes, I had read that, but I was more asking specifically where these other styles came from (if someone knows), since they didn't come from the SX900 group . . .
Asking in case someone knows where they were from (maybe another Pack or something)

Thanks!
Jim

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »
Bill extracted the list from the SX900 playlist.
I just checked and a couple of styles are in the SX900 preset styles.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline Bill

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2019, 10:55:24 AM »
Hi All

There have been a few queries regarding my Song suggestion list, Eric B has partly answered some of the question.

I initially took the SX900 playlist registrations and ran it through Murray's program to convert it to Genos which give me a Report showing the Styles used.
The report showed that there were 50 styles listed as NOT BEING ON THE GENOS.
I then put the 50 onto a spreadsheet.
I then ran the report again, with the SX900 set as the keyboard.
I then reprogrammed the 50 Registrations to pick up the Styles from the Yamaha download.

There were still 3 showing as not having a song suggestion.
There were several of the 50 that were simply a difference in the styles names, which the Genos completed a automatic load..

I attach a modified PDF to show ALL the content.

Regards
Bill

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:40:29 PM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, JohnStarbuck, dawn68, porterma, ludo willems, balcino

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 06:49:07 AM »
Thanks - good information, helps me understand where the list came from etc. and how you create it!
-Jim

Offline kevlar2002

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »
Hi all. I think Reggaeton2 its this one: Luis Fonsi y Demi Lovato, "Échame La Culpa"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyHvyGVs42U