Author Topic: Bluetooth Connection Not Working  (Read 4485 times)

Offline LaHawk

Bluetooth Connection Not Working
« on: December 23, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »
Has anyone been successful in connecting a device using the SX-900 built in Bluetooth ?
I tried on Bluetooth headphones, a portable Bluetooth speaker, and my android phone, with no luck.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Ingar

Re: Bluetooth Connection Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:22:50 PM »
Has anyone been successful in connecting a device using the SX-900 built in Bluetooth ?
I tried on Bluetooth headphones, a portable Bluetooth speaker, and my android phone, with no luck.
Yes it works fine, but only sound in, not out. That means you can connect your Bluetooth devise to sx900  and play music  through on boards or/and connected speakers.

Ingar
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 06:32:45 PM by Ingar »

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »
Thanks, too bad it's inbound only...oh well still kinda neat.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline pcaetanus

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 06:13:00 PM »
Yes it works fine, but only sound in, not out. That means you can connect your Bluetooth devise to sx900  and play music  through on boards or/and connected speakers.

Ingar

Hi.
Maybe connecting an external bluetooth transmiter device, plugged on the headphone female jack of the keyboard. I didn't test that option yet but maybe it works...

Edit:
I bought one adapter Bluetooth, expecting to receive tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works after all.

Cheers.
+
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 02:55:20 PM by pcaetanus »
Cheers.

Pedro C.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 10:36:51 PM »
Hello Larry

Our friend in the last post, pcaetanus, made a very good suggestion about external headphones via bluetooth.

I recently wanted to use bluetooth headphones but feared the latency issues.

That is until I discovered YH-WL500's. by Yamaha

Beautiful headphones that actually work without any latency issues whatsoever

They are worth at least a look. Just Google them.

You will not be disappointed; the price notwithstanding

Best regards

Ron

PS I have a Genos 2 now and am enjoying it very much, especially with the bluetooth headphones.
Keeps peace in the family
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline pcaetanus

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 11:03:00 PM »

Ingar

I have bought a Bluetooth transmitter and plugged in headphones line out of the PSR-SX900. It worked after previous pairing. However, it's latency make it unusefull. Probably the specs of both devices don't matches one with other.
Cheers.

Pedro C.

Offline pcaetanus

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 11:25:53 PM »

Ingar

Info from Yamaha official site about this quote:
https://faq.yamaha.com/es/s/article/000001384?language=en_US

Pcaetanus
Cheers.

Pedro C.

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 11:29:19 PM »
Bluetooth audio always has this latency problem, i.e. it's not due to the combination of devices. It will always occur. That's probably the reason why Yamaha hasn't built in a Bluetooth audio out.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2024, 10:21:36 AM »
Hello Larry

Our friend in the last post, pcaetanus, made a very good suggestion about external headphones via bluetooth.

I recently wanted to use bluetooth headphones but feared the latency issues.

That is until I discovered YH-WL500's. by Yamaha

Beautiful headphones that actually work without any latency issues whatsoever

They are worth at least a look. Just Google them.

You will not be disappointed; the price notwithstanding

Best regards

Ron

PS I have a Genos 2 now and am enjoying it very much, especially with the bluetooth headphones.
Keeps peace in the family

Ron,

These headphones would be perfect if only for the $560 they were noise cancelling too! Of course that is if the 4 msec delay is truly not detectable.

Rick D.

Offline Bill

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 10:42:36 AM »
There are many Wireless headphones on the market which are NOT Bluetooth. Don’t think that wireless means bluetooth because it does not.  There is always the Radio freq. types which do not use Bluetooth.

The ones below are an example not a recommendation.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thomson-00131963-WHP3311BK-UK-Wireless-Headphones-Black/dp/B008HLIHKY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DYEBOEKDCY93&keywords=non+bluetooth+wireless+headphones&qid=1704969914&sprefix=Non+bluetooth+headphones%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-5

The principle is the same as a wireless microphone, but in reverse.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:57:14 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 10:44:40 AM »
Bill,

Do those types have latency problems as well?

Rick D.

Offline Bill

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2024, 10:50:30 AM »
Hi Rick

As far as I know they don’t. However I cannot say for sure, but the technology is used on many concert type gigs and used by singers. These are usually wireless in ear monitors.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: Rick D.

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2024, 12:39:19 PM »
I'm using a Thompson RF headphone for years. They are cheap but good sound quality. No latency at all. And still using the same rechargeable batteries.
So, I'm very satisfied.
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2024, 02:14:22 PM »
The main difference between Bluetooth and normal RF wireless audio transmission is, that Bluetooth transmits compressed audio data, while digital audio sent over RF isn't compressed.
And that's the reason for latency in Bluetooth: audio from keyboard must first be compressed (i.e. SBC, Mp3 or AAC) before it can be sent wireless. Compression happens in real time (on-the-fly) and results with a certain delay (latency) before signal can be sent.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline RONBO

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2024, 04:02:43 PM »
Ron,

These headphones would be perfect if only for the $560 they were noise cancelling too! Of course that is if the 4 msec delay is truly not detectable.

Rick D.

Hello Rick,

I agree that the price of these headphones is scary to say the least but........

they are awesome.  You can even listen to a song from your computer or iPad or phone or whatever....

AND, play along on your keyboard at the same time; all without bothering anybody else in the room or house.

We all know what to expect from Yamaha, nothing but the best. It goes without saying; this product costs a lot of money but in my opinion, it's worth paying the price.

Disclaimer: I do not pledge any allegiance to Yamaha. I just happen to like this set of headphones

Best regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

The following users thanked this post: Rick D.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 09:29:06 PM »
Ron,

Thank for the information. I am using Bose 700 bluetooth noise cancelling headphones (not cheap either)  with a cord to avoid the latency issues.

Would be nice to find a pair to do both!

Thanks,

Rick D.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 09:40:59 PM »
Rick,

I have a set of Bose as well.  They are great also.  I just wanted to be cordless while playing.

BY THE WAY, the Yamaha phones are noise-cancelling as well.

Best regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2024, 09:45:44 AM »
Good to know Ron,

I checked the website for the WL -500's and it didn't mention noise cancelling. I must have missed it.

Thanks,

Rick D.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2024, 02:36:03 PM »
Good day,Rick

You didn't miss that because you are right. They are not noise cancelling.

But having used them for two months now I have to say that these headphones behave like they have noise cancelling.......for me it's a non issue.

Sorry if I misled you.

They are still worth the 469 CAD I spent for them.  Much cheaper in the US

best regards

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2024, 09:00:00 PM »
Ron,

Thanks for the clarification, I thought I was losing my mind!  ;D'

I like to drown out the ambient noise, and live in my own little dream world when I play!

Rick D.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2024, 09:31:27 PM »
Me too, Rick

These do just as good a job as my Bose headphones, only without that nagging wire

regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2024, 11:54:33 PM »
Ron,

The wire drives me bonkers! LOL!

Rick D.