Author Topic: Genos recording to daw and vst  (Read 4097 times)

TommyAleks

Genos recording to daw and vst
« on: December 22, 2019, 10:59:20 AM »
Hi guy`s. I just got my Genos and there is some things I wanna clear up. As the title say.

Can I record what I play direct into my daw?
at this moment i use Fl studio 20, I also use Sonar.
If I have understood this correctly I can`t use the usb connection for his. The usb connection is just for transfer expansions and files, is this correct?
I have this special cable that has a usb connection in one end and 2 din midi connections in the other end. This is for midi only?
I don`t wanna use Genos as a recorder so I need to sync the daw with the Genos but I also wanna use vst`s on the Genos Can someone explain how to do this?

Do I then record Genos as a audio input or is it midi all the way?

I hope someone can help.

Thank you guy`s

Janus

Re: Genos recording to daw and vst
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 11:14:38 AM »
The usb with 2 dins is a usb midi cable
Usb to the computer dins to a midi keyboard
Use the keyboards audio outs to the audio ins
of a soft of hardware audio recorder

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 11:16:22 AM by Janus »

TommyAleks

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »
That was great, thank you for your answer :)

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 11:11:17 PM »
I connect, the keyboard to a mixer in the usual way, you can separate the output of the keyboard. I use an output for the style, one out for the right hand and one for the microphone.  These days many mixers can connect to a computer.  My mixer, a QSC, also has a multi-track recorder, I have a hard drive connected to the recorder.  I have many tracks to play with. I use Sony Vegas 16 to Edit because I also play with video.

You will find many of my recordings on Youtube, I just posted this Yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1alymnR0GXg

Offline MusicMan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 11:36:39 PM »
If you like the mix in the Genos and have a SPDIF input on your sound card, you can use the Digital Out of the Genos to transfer the audio, digitally to your daw.

I purchased this cable on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002J2B9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works perfectly just like an audio cable.

I could not detect an improvement in sound quality using SPDIF  cable because the audio quality from the Genos audio outs is so good, but theoretically it should better because it's transferred digitally.