Author Topic: Genos  (Read 6022 times)

Hammond Yamaha

Genos
« on: December 21, 2019, 01:26:57 PM »
Genos arrived yesterday. Now I have to make time for it.
Frank

Offline Toril S

Re: Genos
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »
Congratulations! Have fun🌲🌲🌲
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline jugge

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »
Enjoy your early Christmas present  ;D
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 09:41:45 PM »
Genos arrived yesterday. Now I have to make time for it.
Frank

You're gonna love it be sure to catch some sleep when you can.  :D
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Lloyd E

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »
Welcome aboard the Genos family.  It’s a great board.    Lloyd  :)

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 03:56:37 AM »
I now have it a week and I have transferred  my Registration files from the Tyros 4 aa well as the midi files that I have created over the years from the Tyros 4, PSR3000, PSR2000, and the PSR 730 and they all work fine so far.
It takes an enormous amount of time to do, especially the Registration files as in the Tyros, I control the Rotary speaker system with a foot switch and now I have to set up each registration file that has the organ with the foot control capability, that part I haven't finished yet.  by the way is there a short cut to set up the foot switch to control all organ settings or shall I set it up individually with the required registration files?

Frank

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 02:06:07 PM »
I now have it a week and I have transferred my Registration files from the Tyros 4 aa well as the midi files that I have created over the years from the Tyros 4, PSR3000, PSR2000, and the PSR 730 and they all work fine so far.
It takes an enormous amount of time to do, especially the Registration files as in the Tyros, I control the Rotary speaker system with a footswitch and now I have to set up each registration file that has the organ with the foot control capability, that part I haven't finished yet.  by the way, is there a short cut to set up the footswitch to control all organ settings or shall I set it up individually with the required registration files?
Frank

Congrats on your purchase, Hammond Yamaha :)! The Genos is an amazing keyboard.

Registrations that have been copied from an older keyboard to a newer one work about 80 percent of the time. You still must check ALL registrations to make sure the newest voices and drum kits have been applied. The volume levels must also be checked and adjusted where necessary. This is an extremely painful exercise. Anyone who believes that you can simply plug and play old registrations on a new keyboard is living in a dream world.

I have written several rants about how time-consuming it is to adjust large numbers of registrations. There are no easy and fast ways. We really need an external registration editor with auditioning capabilities. I'd pay good money for such a tool. Murray Best has one that works well but doesn't cover all the settings. I'm amazed at the progress he has made! If Yamaha monitors this forum, then it is essential that they take this request to heart!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:07:25 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline soryt

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 02:15:41 PM »
Congrats on your purchase, Hammond Yamaha :)! The Genos is an amazing keyboard.

Registrations that have been copied from an older keyboard to a newer one work about 80 percent of the time. You still must check ALL registrations to make sure the newest voices and drum kits have been applied. The volume levels must also be checked and adjusted where necessary. This is an extremely painful exercise. Anyone who believes that you can simply plug and play old registrations on a new keyboard is living in a dream world.

I have written several rants about how time-consuming it is to adjust large numbers of registrations. There are no easy and fast ways. We really need an external registration editor with auditioning capabilities. I'd pay good money for such a tool. Murray Best has one that works well but doesn't cover all the settings. I'm amazed at the progress he has made! If Yamaha monitors this forum, then it is essential that they take this request to heart!!

If you use the Freeze function in combination to program the Register files works great , first set all things to youre need and let memorise the Freeze function youre ( pedal) settings .
Press Direct acces to se wat wil be rememberd , put a V to Live control ,Foot Pedals & Assignable buttons
Now with the Freeze light on it memorise your pedal and live controls and buttons .

Soneg,  8)

Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
Great suggestions, Soneg - thanks. We still need a reliable and streamlined registration editor. We shouldn't have to rely on the Freeze function.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
Great responses.
I have never used the freeze option but I will give it a try.

Thank you

Frank

Offline Bill

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 04:01:27 PM »
It takes an enormous amount of time to do, especially the Registration files as in the Tyros, I control the Rotary speaker system with a foot switch and now I have to set up each registration file that has the organ with the foot control capability, that part I haven't finished yet.  by the way is there a short cut to set up the foot switch to control all organ settings or shall I set it up individually with the required registration files?
Frank

Hi Frank

You can use Murray Best's program to assign the pedal in a batch mode (all registrations within a folder)

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 06:46:08 PM »
Thank you Bill  I will have to give it a go.
In setting up the agents with reg files from the Tyros 4, there is one song. Je t’aime that I play as I do like the song.  When I tried it on the Genos, I didn’t like the style file or the multi pads the Genos chose.  Style being Power Ballad which didn’t suit the song.  So I tried something new to me,  I copied the Soft Rock and the multi pad that I used in T4 and loaded it on a jump drive to the Genos and recoiled the registration file with that back up and perfect.  It is as it was on the T4.  So it is nice to know that you can transfer the style files etc fromT4 to Genos. Another great asset.