Author Topic: Song Player Question: How to load songs while the Player is running?  (Read 3852 times)

Offline kbrkr

On my Korg, when a song is running in a music player, I can go into the playlist and select another Song.   The song will be loaded into the Player that is NOT running.  I can keep dong this and the player which is NOT running is automatically selected.

How does the Genos music player work?  Can you only load from the player itself by selecting the non-running player and loading a song or can you go into the playlist and press an entry and it will be loaded into the non-running player WHILE a song is playing.

Also, if you select a Playlist entry while BOTH players are running (say you are mixing back and forth), will you get an error message popup stating both players are running???

Offline kbrkr

Re: Song Player Question: How to load songs while the Player is running?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
No one is using the Song Player?

Online ckobu

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
The Korg Song player is a little different than Yamaha. Yamaha Player Song cannot run two MIDI files at the same time. While playing MIDI to another player we can only run MP3 (audio). But Yamaha has other options that can be put to good use. At the same time we can play with accompaniment, play MIDI, MP3 and multipad.
In this video you can see how it works. The description is explained in more detail.

https://youtu.be/SKMvv2Gz6ng
Watch my video channel

Offline kbrkr

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:41:52 PM »
Hi Ckobu,  Thank you for your thoughtful reply. 

I should have specified I use MP3 files ONLY in the Song Player so I wouldn't have the MIDI file limitation.  I am using the Song Player as a mixing console, essentially like a DJ would mix songs with one caveat; this must be done quickly, seamlessly, and without error.  The Pa4x handles this famously, however, I haven't seen any video specific to this feature/function.

Regards,
Al

Online ckobu

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
If you want to play audio (MP3) as a DJ, there will be no problem. You put one song in the first player, you can prepare the next one in the second player. Use the slider to specify which player to hear on MAIN OUT. In addition, while one song is playing in a player, you can choose which one to continue playing after it (It is labeled Next).
In Dual Mode Song Player, for each SONG A or B you can choose when to start, change tempo or fine tune.

I'm thinking, isn't it easier to take some software like Virtual DJ and do this job?
Watch my video channel

Offline kbrkr

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
Ok, now back to my original question.  If you select a song from the Playlist, will it populate the selected song in the dormant Player?

Also,  why use a Laptop with Virtual DJ, when I'm singing and playing along to the MP3 file?   I just have to keep the music flowing to keep the dance floor occupied!

Thank you
Al

Online ckobu

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »
If you select a song from the Playlist, will it populate the selected song in the dormant Player?

Genos Playlist works differently than Korg. Because you can't work that way.
But if you call MP3 directly to the Song player, you'll have what you need.

One question may be, do you have Genos or are you just getting informed about this?
Watch my video channel