Author Topic: Styles  (Read 11218 times)

Offline rene1242

Styles
« on: December 19, 2019, 08:38:51 PM »
/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 11:25:14 PM by rene1242 »
"SynthGrooves"

bmarcill

Thank you  Rene 1242

ben

The following users thanked this post: GUILLERMO

Janus

It is trash
They are just simple one part loops
made from styles we already have
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 09:28:51 AM by Janus »

Offline wolfram

Thankx for sharing,
regards,
wolfram

Offline Graham UK

Nothing new here we haven't already got, plus a lot of styles have been badly balanced, why set some style parts at volume 112 which is far too high overriding right hand melody's.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 11:28:20 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Janus

Nothing new here we haven't already got, plus a lot of styles have been badly balanced, why set some style parts at volume 112 which is far too high overriding right hand melody's.

Yes he's not smart the codes are still vissable
Stolen files

Offline elad770

Rene1242

The responses you received are perfectly fine.
People are allowed to not like your post AND your content
And express it to others. That why this is a forum
The fact that you expect people to not say anything when they don't like something is childish and I hope the administrators will deny your request. There's nothing to report here. They didnt attack you or said anything improper.
In fact, based on their response I didnt download your Pack because I'm tired of recycled content.
This is a free world and people have freedom to Express themselves.
When you post in a forum you are exposed to all kind of opinions.  The notion that those who disagree with you will be shut down is very unhealthy.  Instead,  I think that a thread creator like yourself who can't take criticism or difference of opinions,  should refrain from posting in this forum.

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, wersianer

Offline Graham UK

elad770. Your reply and support is appreciated.
DGX670

Janus

Rene1242

The responses you received are perfectly fine.
People are allowed to not like your post AND your content
And express it to others. That why this is a forum
The fact that you expect people to not say anything when they don't like something is childish and I hope the administrators will deny your request. There's nothing to report here. They didnt attack you or said anything improper.
In fact, based on their response I didnt download your Pack because I'm tired of recycled content.
This is a free world and people have freedom to Express themselves.
When you post in a forum you are exposed to all kind of opinions.  The notion that those who disagree with you will be shut down is very unhealthy.  Instead,  I think that a thread creator like yourself who can't take criticism or difference of opinions,  should refrain from posting in this forum.

Hi did upload it as pro files from a pro site Made by him
Gr.Jan

Janus

Apparently Im a grown man and not a kid  just to let you know ,, Many people want styles to play on there keyboard   and have fun and thats what I did one more thing i never said I created these styles but these I styles I downloaded  got from other friends etc ...which I selected to share So if your not grateful youi can always do the right thing and not interfere or else if your a grown man as you pretend you donate something to the community instead of moaning  btw I just reported you to the moderators

You said:"to download my synth-grooves"

Offline elad770

rene1242

I would like to explain better what is happening here and I hope the moderator will NOT delete this thread because this discussion is important.

There's no problem to take an existing style, tweak it and make it "yours" - I truly mean it when I say this. In fact, when I explain copyright issues to people I literally tell them that in order for a style to not be exclusive anymore all you need to do is modify it a bit and Done! You can share it and do whatever you want with it. In fact, I can guarantee you rene1242 ! that if you would have started by saying that you modified some style with your flavor and would like to share them, Members, including those who criticized your content, would ONLY thank you for sharing. I've seen many members post styles that are clearly based on other styles and no one gets the "heat" that you received. The problem here is your presentation and the way you are coming forward as if you are offering something exclusive and unique and you must understand that some members went through thousands of styles in their Musical journey and are familiar with the backbone of these styles.
This comes across disingenuous to them and some will make the comment out of principle. Nothing personal against you. They don't appreciate someone who seems to offer something he did not create from scratch in order to gain something else. In your case, you clearly wish for people to go on youtube and maybe subscribe and basically establish some sort of relationship (maybe for a potential sale?) - You could have just posted the links to download here right? So there's obviously an interest in something. Which again, is 100% ok but in your case you portrayed it to be something exclusive which there was no need to do. I suggest next time, be clear and honest about your intentions. I'm sure you are a great person and no one judges you. If the styles were not originally created by you, Humbly state that! Like that no one will comment - I promise. You can even take styles that are old and sale them if you wish (they do it on eBay all the time and some idiots actually fall for it) - Just state it. Some members are very smart and have a seniority in the music community and in this forum and simply fed up

Sincerely
Elad

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively, wersianer

Offline Graham UK

elad770. Excellent thoughtful reply.
DGX670

Offline mikf

Rene
It is clear that you are extensively using this forum to encourage members to visit and subscribe to your web site. You also say on your web site that these are quality song specific styles, which infers that you have either created them or at the very least quality checked and adjusted them. Yet at the same time you say that you did not even check the volume, just posted them the way you received them. So I take that to mean that these are just re-cycled styles you have collected on the internet.  I myself have long since stopped downloading so called 'song specific ' styles, because I spent so many wasted hours culling through poor quality, or re-named panel styles I already have.
 I don't think you can complain when people call you out on this.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Online EileenL

I have always thought that if you are going to post styles on here for others to use you have to make sure they play correctly and sound good on your keyboard to your self. Anyone can go and download free stuff of the internet but most is unusable so why pass it on.

Offline Joe H

... I myself have long since stopped downloading so called 'song specific ' styles, because I spent so many wasted hours culling through poor quality, or re-named panel styles I already have...
Mike

Truth of the matter is that the thousands of styles available on this site are recycled styles and most of them are poorly mixed/remixed (with a few exceptions).

So I only use the original styles provided by Yamaha. All the rest are a waste of time.  I think it unfair to beat up one person when dozens of forum members are guilty of uploading junk styles and waist our time.

Rene is a nice guy.  Maybe he should have presented the styles in another manner, but I don't think he deserves such harsh treatment when so many others are guilty of similar actions.

My 2 cents worth!

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: loendersloot, Bill, Gunnar Jonny

WolfBack

I'm totally agree with Joe H.
Rene is a nice guy, indeed.
I followed this person a long time ago and I'm free to tell that this guy helps me a lot for my work and I be so obliged to him.
I'm sure he had no intention of uploading something he would present as his own (to be reported as stolen).
It saddens me how this issue ended.

The following users thanked this post: Bill

Offline rene1242

Thank very much for your replies guys many jumped to conclusions if you dont like it fine, yes I had a mistake I wrote from my but I meant from my drive  , now what I did I selected styles i gathered from the internet from my friends and shared them so who haven`t got these styles will get them But I never said I did them all I did i made them in two seperate folders called them synthgrooves v1 & v2 to know exactly which files i uploaded . ( and yes I use Synthgrooves to promote my channel i see nothing wrong in that )

At the moment I just finished a pack which containins Vst`s Sounds for use on the PSR S keyboards ,genos ETC.... And I Also created Another pack  which contains Styles which I did from scratch and yes I`m going to share them aswell  -So for now I wish you a Happy Xmas !!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:33:31 PM by rene1242 »
"SynthGrooves"

The following users thanked this post: motifes, torben, jazzy_beat

Offline rene1242

Rene
It is clear that you are extensively using this forum to encourage members to visit and subscribe to your web site. You also say on your web site that these are quality song specific styles, which infers that you have either created them or at the very least quality checked and adjusted them. Yet at the same time you say that you did not even check the volume, just posted them the way you received them. So I take that to mean that these are just re-cycled styles you have collected on the internet.  I myself have long since stopped downloading so called 'song specific ' styles, because I spent so many wasted hours culling through poor quality, or re-named panel styles I already have.
 I don't think you can complain when people call you out on this.
Mike

"SynthGrooves"

Offline rene1242

rene1242

I would like to explain better what is happening here and I hope the moderator will NOT delete this thread because this discussion is important.

There's no problem to take an existing style, tweak it and make it "yours" - I truly mean it when I say this. In fact, when I explain copyright issues to people I literally tell them that in order for a style to not be exclusive anymore all you need to do is modify it a bit and Done! You can share it and do whatever you want with it. In fact, I can guarantee you rene1242 ! that if you would have started by saying that you modified some style with your flavor and would like to share them, Members, including those who criticized your content, would ONLY thank you for sharing. I've seen many members post styles that are clearly based on other styles and no one gets the "heat" that you received. The problem here is your presentation and the way you are coming forward as if you are offering something exclusive and unique and you must understand that some members went through thousands of styles in their Musical journey and are familiar with the backbone of these styles.
This comes across disingenuous to them and some will make the comment out of principle. Nothing personal against you. They don't appreciate someone who seems to offer something he did not create from scratch in order to gain something else. In your case, you clearly wish for people to go on youtube and maybe subscribe and basically establish some sort of relationship (maybe for a potential sale?) - You could have just posted the links to download here right? So there's obviously an interest in something. Which again, is 100% ok but in your case you portrayed it to be something exclusive which there was no need to do. I suggest next time, be clear and honest about your intentions. I'm sure you are a great person and no one judges you. If the styles were not originally created by you, Humbly state that! Like that no one will comment - I promise. You can even take styles that are old and sale them if you wish (they do it on eBay all the time and some idiots actually fall for it) - Just state it. Some members are very smart and have a seniority in the music community and in this forum and simply fed up

Sincerely
Elad

Hi Elad I understand perfectly what you mean I never said that I did the styles but what I did i did a silly mistake i said my synthgrooves which i didnt notice at first( i renamed the folders so i know exactly which files i uploaded ) since i did the video in a hurry but if you asked me i did it to promote my channel? i say yes of coarse but honestly i had no bad intentions what I wanted is simply donate styles to the community no harm intended
"SynthGrooves"

Offline rene1242

I'm totally agree with Joe H.
Rene is a nice guy, indeed.
I followed this person a long time ago and I'm free to tell that this guy helps me a lot for my work and I be so obliged to him.
I'm sure he had no intention of uploading something he would present as his own (to be reported as stolen).
It saddens me how this issue ended.

Thanks Wolfback it was a silly mistake which i did in my writing  but anyway we are human beings meant for mistakes
"SynthGrooves"

Offline rene1242

Re: Styles
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »
one question did you try them ? most of them are purchased styles not re-cycled as a forum member said which i gave for free ( no money in return as some people do ) a good gesture yet people on the forum are ready to attack ---then if u find a ots with high volume you cannot adjust it ?? many people were gratefull that what matters to me---I hope my latest video will answer your questions
"SynthGrooves"

Offline Toril S

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
Hello😀 I do not find the link to the styles.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline rene1242

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 10:14:30 AM »
sorry dear had to remove them but if you want them i can send them to you contact me on rene.1242.ra@gmail.com
"SynthGrooves"

Offline jugge

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing those styles, Rene  :D

Cheers
/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline rene1242

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2019, 09:48:50 PM »
Thanks for sharing those styles, Rene  :D

Cheers
/Jugge
Welcome my friend thanks for the appreciation
"SynthGrooves"