Author Topic: Hammond B-3X for iPad as Genos extension  (Read 4487 times)

Offline voodoo

Hammond B-3X for iPad as Genos extension
« on: December 19, 2019, 01:34:34 PM »
Hi,

two days ago, IK multimedia has released their Hammond B3 emulation, that has been available for PC/Mac only, now also for iPad.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/hammondb3xipad/

This is a full simulation including amps and leslie cabinet. So I think, this will be the best B3 simulation for iPad. I think this is a great addition for all Genos players to get great B3 sounds from only attaching an iPad to the Genos.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Colin D

Re: Hammond B-3X for iPad as Genos extension
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 01:53:00 PM »
Looks nice, I use my Ipad for the sheet music, how would this work?  thanks for sharing,
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline StuartR

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 05:03:50 PM »
Looks nice, I use my Ipad for the sheet music, how would this work?  thanks for sharing,

Good question. I suppose you'd need an Apple Lightning to USB adapter at minimum. Then you'd need a way to get the B3X audio back into the Genos. Not sure if the iPad headphone output is adequate for this or whether you'd need another interface (DtoA).

Can't find the user manual for that product in their site and they don't go into those details in their videos.

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 09:47:21 PM »
Hi - I have been using B-3X with my Genos; at one point, I had Genos' MIDI connected by USB to an iPad through a "Camera connection kit" (really just a USB to Lightning adapter).  I took the audio from the iPad's headphone out and ran it directly into the Genos AUX ins.  It worked fine!  I have since migrated to having my 2nd keyboard contoller, an M-Audio Code49, be the one I use to play B-3X.  I still run the audio direct to AUX of the Genos.

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff