Author Topic: Replicating Genos structure in SX900  (Read 2649 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Replicating Genos structure in SX900
« on: December 19, 2019, 06:10:31 AM »
Hi friends,

I have a singing partner and we both sing together at my home while I play live on my Genos. Tired of coming to my home all the time, he is planning to buy SX900 (not Genos because of budget constraints) so that we can also go to his home and I can play there on his SX900 and we can sing together.

My question is I want to replicate all my Genos settings in SX900 so that I have the exact same structure of all files - styles, registrations, pads, voices etc in the SX900.  Importantly, i have a lot of Indian drum rex files imported as packs through YEM which would also be needed to be imported in the SX900.  And my Genos is fulled to brim and I am already encountering wave memory problem.

So please advise if it is possible or should I ask him only to buy a Genos.  Even then, how complicated it would be for me to make the new one a mirror replica of my Genos

Regards

Anand

Offline metcam

Re: Replicating Genos structure in SX900
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 01:01:05 PM »

If you have full memory in Genos and you use all than ofcourse will not working on SX-900.

SX-900 have 1gb ram
Genos have 3gb ram

Also If you have A lot of custom voices/drums created from "Internal" or "Internal/external" samples is not going to work.

If your Indian REX files if they created only from external samples will work up to 1gb.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 01:31:23 PM »
I'm sure you have thought this through, but how inconvenient is it to just transport your Genos to his house? It's very light compared to most other pro-level keyboards. Probably a dumb question. Do you need to use public transit? If so, I can see where it would be very inconvenient and risky. Perhaps he also plays a keyboard and needs his own for practicing?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 03:05:28 PM »
Or make a just a selection of styles/voices you both uses and put them on the SX900/Genos with the same folderstructure? I guess you don't play all 1000 voices and/or styles??
My best regards,
Ton

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 01:16:10 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for taking time out to reply. Taking my Genos to his home every time is not an option.

Yes, picking up few files, styles and copy them in SX900 is definitely doable but my problem is that I would really not now which registration is using which drumkit  in which Pack. That would be too laborious to figure out

My only option is to convince my friend to buy a Genos. In that scenario, would a simple hard-disk and user area copy work ?

I am not sure. There must be some system files which will not be copied. I guess the correct way would be

1) Make a YEM installation file from my current YEM and install it in new Genos
2) Copy all user area files in same structure
3) Copy all Hard Disk files in same structure
4) Take a backup of user settings and import them in new Genos and install.

Hope I am not missing anything

Regards

Anand

Offline ton37

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 01:32:23 PM »
If it's a good friend of yours and he apparently can't afford a Genos, don't put pressure on a friendship by trying to convince him to buy a Genos that he can't pay. He already wants to buy an SX900. Be a true friend and pay him or give him the difference between the SX900 and the Genos. (Your) problem solved! Happy Xmas  ;)
My best regards,
Ton