Author Topic: Registration bug  (Read 3405 times)

Offline valimaties

Registration bug
« on: December 23, 2019, 11:50:35 AM »
Hi.
Registration bug:

Style edited in Drum Setup, changed snare from another kit. Saved on Reg 2.

Each Registration memory stores different styles. The same ticks used on all registration memory.
I selected Reg 1 and start playing. I selected Reg 2, style plays with original snare. Without stopping play process, I pressed on style section, the style page opened with style highlighted, I press again on it and it loads with changed snare. So registration does knows only old settings for style, it does not know to load edited snare in Drum setup (I said)... BUT...
I loaded Reg 3, start playing, the 3rd style which uses also edited drum in Drum Setup. Without stopping, pressed on Reg 2, now works fine, with edited drum, select Reg 1, and select Reg 2 again, playing again with original snare. So the problem is in Reg 1, I think.
I sent a video and also the content directly to Yamaha to test them and to see what is causing this strange problem.

Vali.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline panos

Re: Registration bug
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
Hi Vali,
I don't think that a reg can save changes made to unsaved styles.
If you modify  a style you need to save it first for a reg to know
(Style Creator changes).
On the other hand, Mixing Console changes of a style can be saved in a reg.

Sounds like your Reg 2 is just playing the previous selected style ignoring your changes to Reg 2.

It's like when we tick for regs to save a style and then we delete that style.
Reg in this case will choose the previous style we played.(from reg 1 or reg 3)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:13:03 PM by panos »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 05:35:50 PM »
Panos, you did not read and understand what happened!

Look to the video.

BTW, unsaved style is a joke, you cannot change style because you will loose unsaved changes. So, is not the case.

Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »
Panos, you did not read and understand what happened!

Look to the video.

BTW, unsaved style is a joke, you cannot change style because you will loose unsaved changes. So, is not the case.

Vali,

I was going to make a tentative suggestion, but didn’t want to get one your flame responses, so I’ll stay out of it and let you rant.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »
Is this registration a new one that created on Genos or is it from a Tyros?
2nd thought about the missing link of the reg as long there are different styles.
You have mentioned about drum setup that's why I thought of a not saved style.

Have you tried to make a new reg with the exact same styles and see if it that happen again or not?
I would also check out the style and if it always calls the right drum kit or not while changing to another style or the Genos "thinks" too much to call the right one.

I like jokes by the way :)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 10:06:55 PM »
Fred ... seems my comments became too "strong" for this forum?! Hmmm.... Be man, my friend ... ha ha ha... You always had something with me, and I don't know why... I did not and I will not report some posts for any reasons... It is a forum, is free for anybody to post, so please, give some ideas if you have...

If "joke" is a "strong" word for that expression, for my thinking and for my english was not! It is a simple "day-by-day" word used in my country, so don't take it as a bad response, please...

panos, man... it is a new registration made in Genos, because 1st reg store a modified Genos style, but 2nd and 3rd regs are custom styles. All are stored with the same ticks in Memory page. And video tells everything I guess!

PS: Fred, when I'm angry or I don't like some comments, I use the emoticons to show my thoughts, so if no angry emoticon has apeared, it is a good thing :)))))

Best regards!
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos