Author Topic: Valuation of PSR-S910 in excellent condition?  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Dave Nuttall

Valuation of PSR-S910 in excellent condition?
« on: December 10, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
Anybody have a formula to price a used PSR-S910 in excellent condition with Gator soft bag with wheels?
I found one on eBay for over $900 and no bag and no power connector.
It has only been out of my "home studio" less than a half-dozen times in the 7+ years that I've owned it.
I want to sell and move to Genos.

TIA.
Dave
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline DrakeM

Re: Valuation of PSR-S910 in excellent condition?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »
Find out from UPS or USPS what your shipping costs will be and put it up on Ebay. Then let the bidding begin.

That keyboard is now 10 years old and if anything goes wrong with it, Yamaha techs will not have the parts to fix it. I ran into that situation with my first used keyboard it was 12 years old when it broke and I was told the part to fix it was no longer available.

That is how I look at it. If my S950 makes it to 10 years old, it is going on Ebay. If I can get anything for it, I figure I am Winner.

Regards
Drake

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 05:00:26 PM »
I would not sell it at all, but keep it as a back up! My 2100 came in handy when my new keyboard broke down!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 08:53:25 PM »
I found this current offer on Ebay for a PSR S950 keyboard and the Buy it now price is $900.

Volume control is missing and Power Supply should be replaced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-PSR-S950-61-Key-Professional-Arranger-Keyboard/223783423504?epid=217520193&hash=item341a880e10:g:J9cAAOSwepld6m66:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!45255!US!-1

No takers for this keyboard yet but the owner will take a lesser offer it says.

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:17:53 PM »
I found this current offer on Ebay for a PSR S950 keyboard and the Buy it now price is $900.
Volume control is missing and Power Supply should be replaced.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-PSR-S950-61-Key-Professional-Arranger-Keyboard/223783423504?epid=217520193&hash=item341a880e10:g:J9cAAOSwepld6m66:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!45255!US!-1
No takers for this keyboard yet but the owner will take a lesser offer it says.

Sounds like one similar - an S910 on eBay for $900 without the power supply.   HOW in the world would one lose a volume control or power supply unless it had been moved/used often.   I've done 3 gigs in 8 years with mine!

I'm debating a possible offer of $550-650 from a "used music instrument" retail outlet....I may try to sell via Craigslist for $800 including a pristine/almost NEVER used Gator bag with wheels and a couple foot pedals.

Thanks for the feedback.
d.
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »
Can't speak for the USA but over here one of my students recently had his PSR3000 repaired, the required spares were not cheap but were available. No doubt depends on exactly what parts you need and it seems that Yamaha UK are a bit better at this than the USA, probably because the arranger keyboard market has always been strong over here - I think we outsell the USA.

Prices in the UK have been edging up a little but I imagine the arrival of the PSR-SX models will push them down a bit now. I sold my PSR-S900 for £500 last year but I've seen them sell for £599 now. And that's in mint condition, with pedals and power supply. £900 will get you a mint S970.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 02:24:23 AM »
You see them listed for a number, but who knows what they actually sell for. If they even sell. I don’t think anyone would pay anywhere close to 900 for this vintage of keyboard. That would not make sense against what is available.  When you get down to realistic numbers like 500, is it then worth the effort and risk.
Mike

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 03:00:34 AM »
I sold my S910 (good condition) for $800.00 USD around 3 years ago.  I expected to get more... but such is the market place.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 04:27:51 AM »
Dave
There is really no formula to set the price.  This is a used product and there are several generations of newer keyboards already out.  This model will not have a great demand.    The price is only based on what the market is willing to pay for it.

My recommendation is to first decide if you want to sell it at whatever you can get.  If the answer is yes.  Then, first, get an estimate on the shipping.  You will need the weight including the packaging.  estimate a distance far from you (from example if you are in LA, estimate sending to NY). Add the shipping cost to the price and advertise with 'free shipping" otherwise people will find it less attractive (most of the music stores send the stuff with free shipping).

I would advertise on eBay as a 'buy it now'  Advertise on eBay for $800-$900 and then reduce it by $100 from time to time, every week or every two weeks.    Also, take into account the fees from eBay and Paypal as well as the shipping cost.  Your net will be reduced by those fees.

I think that with this type of product your mindset should be that whatever $$ you get you are lucky.

I have sold on eBay a couple of times.  I sold a Tyros 4 and a Tyros 5 as well as some Yamaha monitors.   The first time i was extremely disappointed, mostly because my expectations were high.  I was thinking that people would pay me what i thought would be a fair price for items in mint condition.  Also, because we are attached to our keyboard we tend to include our sentiments in the price.

There is no such a thing as a fair price. People will offer you whatever they are willing to pay regardless of what you may think or feel.

Realistically, i do not think you will get $900.   I would think that if you get a net $500 out of it, it will be a good sale.

You can also advertise it on this forum. . . . however, your chances are probably greater on eBay just because it reaches more potential buyers. . . .

Hope you sell it. (or keep it if you are not willing to go thru the aggravation).

Good luck.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 01:30:45 PM »
Well, that S950 keyboard I linked to in my above post SOLD yesterday for $899. The S910 still is for sale.

It was even missing the Volume knob on it. Ebay is the place to post for selling your S910.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:33:30 PM by DrakeM »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 01:45:07 PM »
I just worked up the straight line deprecation of the S950 keyboard based on it's Yamaha's asking price, the actual new price I purchased it for from a retailer online and this $900 price it sold for 7 years old.

S950 yammie price $2400, retail price new $1650, sold for 7 years later $900

S910 yammie price $2300, est retail price $1518, sell price for 10 yrs old = $532

You can doubled check my math.  ;D

So when my S950 is 10 years old it will be worth only $578 ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:49:04 PM by DrakeM »

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
Surely there is a point where it just isn't worth the trouble. If you are a US top rate taxpayer you can probably get just as much credit by just taking it to a charity shop.
Mike

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 07:26:38 PM »
Surely there is a point where it just isn't worth the trouble. If you are a US top rate taxpayer you can probably get just as much credit by just taking it to a charity shop.
Mike

Not if you need the money to purchase an upgrade (next arranger model)

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html