Author Topic: XG Voices  (Read 3204 times)

jtsasa

XG Voices
« on: December 10, 2019, 05:16:04 AM »
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a PSR SX700 in the future and I was wondering if they have any XG Voices available because I haven't seen anything on the specs and the data list.Thank you.

Offline DerekA

Re: XG Voices
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 11:25:53 AM »
The specification table at the end of the owners manual says

986 Voices + 41 Drum/SFX Kits +
480 XG Voices

But it also says

XG (for Song playback),

I don't know if SX is the same as Genos, but I think it might be. Genos doesn't have the XG voices available on the preset list, but all the supporting waveforms are there in the ROM. So if you want to use the XG set, you just need to have the right voice definition files on the keyboard that point to those waveforms.

This download is labelled for Genos but there's a good chance it will be fine on SX. Unzip then just copy to USB / User. I'm not sure who put it there, but I'm grateful to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdwm3uoxkr5wk8e/GM%20GM2%20XG%20VCE%20-%20Yamaha%20Genos.zip?dl=0
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively, motifes, Aquilauno, Armand

jtsasa

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 11:13:25 PM »
OK, do you or anyone else in the forum has a PSR SX Series keyboard. I need to confirm that it does or doesn't have the XG voices before I download them. I just want to know beforehand.

Offline beakybird

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 05:13:57 AM »
XG for playback is in the specifications.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:13:39 AM »
I don't think you'd be downloading the actual voices (waveforms), just "user voice" files that specify the bank and program numbers of the XG voices so you can select them for playing and recording with.