Author Topic: Clock Display  (Read 7108 times)

Offline karl28

Clock Display
« on: December 07, 2019, 12:57:11 AM »
Hi,

Can someone remind me how to get the clock to display on Genos again since the new update. I'm sure I'd seen a post but can't find it. I've been through the menus but can't find a way of getting it to display.

Thanks,

Karl

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Clock Display
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 01:09:56 AM »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline karl28

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 01:32:47 AM »
Unfortunately not Roger, it was a recent post since the update on the current Genos.

Thanks anyway,

Karl

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 04:01:28 AM »
Go to Menu / Menu 2 / Time / Set automatically

But i believe that Genos must be connected to wifi to get the correct time . . .

Thanks 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:48:28 AM »
You can also adjust the clock manually.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline karl28

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 11:22:42 AM »
I can set it, but can't get it to display on the home display...

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »
As Al mentioned above, you need to have wifi connectd for the clock.

Rick D.

Offline karl28

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »
Is that permanently? I've had it on the WiFi.I'll try it again thanks.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
I believe so
Rick D.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 01:38:06 PM »
The clock will work quite nicely without WiFi.

As long as the keyboard is plugged in (doesn’t have to be turned on), it will maintain the time forever.

If it’s unplugged from power, it will maintain the time for about a week.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline karl28

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
I can't get it to show on the home screen though...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 01:52:41 PM »
Menu>Utility>Display/Touch Screen>Time Stamp>Show

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
Hi Karl,

I had the same problem after updating the firmware to Ver 2, although I hadn't even noticed that it was missing from the Home display until I saw a forum post about it!  ::)

The time was still set correctly in the Time menu screen, but as well as being missing from the Home display, the Time 'button' in the Menu screen just showed '-:-' rather than the correct time.

On my Genos I usually have 'Set time automatically' unchecked and the Wi-Fi set to Access Point mode, and I think that I went into the Wi-Fi setting screen to check it, and just changed the mode to Infrastructure Mode and back again to Access Point mode (without connecting to a network or changing any settings), and the time suddenly appeared on both the Home screen and in the Time 'button' in the Menu screen!

I can't explain why this worked  ???, but the time has been displayed since then without needing any further action.

So it might be worth trying if you really want the time shown in the Home display.

I have just seen Fred's suggestion about the 'Time Stamp > Show' option, but this only determines if the file time stamp is displayed with each entry in the selection screens. The current time should still be displayed at the top right of the Home screen whether 'Time Stamp' is set to 'Show' or 'Hide'!

Regards

Ian

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 03:05:33 PM »
Ian,

Must be that great minds think alike  :)

I did almost exactly the same steps you did. I thought I got the time being displayed from the Show time setting, but I also made changes to the wi-fi infrastructure mode as you did.

So either one could have done the trick.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline karl28

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »
Hi Ian/Fred,
I definitely have the time on show in the utility menu which hasn't made any difference. I'll try the other suggestion tonight when I'm back at my Genos.

Many thanks,

Karl

Offline karl28

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 07:52:33 PM »
Still no luck...

Offline karl28

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »
Working now thanks 😊

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 11:01:54 PM »
Working now thanks 😊

Glad it is working . . .

So, did you connect to wifi in order to make it work ?

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline karl28

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 12:10:25 AM »
No, it's quite bizzare actually. I did the above went into the two different modes in the WiFi but didn't connect to wifi as my genos was at my gig, and it didn't display. Then as far as I remember I turned the show to hide and back to show and it came on. I wonder if there's a bug in the software...

Regards,

Karl

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 12:27:24 AM »
I wonder if there's a bug in the software...

It won't be lonely!!!   :'(   ;)

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »
😀 Probably not😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline maartenb

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 02:09:30 PM »
No, it's quite bizzare actually. [...] I wonder if there's a bug in the software...

I think there is a problem with correct initialization of the clock settings after the v2.0 firmware update. After I did the update, the clock was shown on the Home screen, even when Menu>Utility>Display/Touch Screen>Time Stamp>Show was set to OFF.

I did a re-initialization (Press and hold the right most white key and turn on the Genos) and the clock disappeared. This was correct, since the Show setting was Off. After changing that to On, the clock reappeared.

Maarten

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2019, 10:07:40 PM »
I have yet to achieve a connection from my Genos to my modem. All other devices (iPad, Andriod, cell phones, laptops....) connect with ease - not my Genos. It sits there for few minutes trying to connect and you can't even cancel the stupid process. The keyboard is basically locked while it continuously fails to find my modem, which by the way, is about 8 feet away!!

As for the clock, I can get it to display on the home page but the time is not right. I live just east of Toronto which means my time code is UTF-5. My clock display is about 8 minutes too fast compared to my PC time display.

As a side rant If we all could recover the time we waste because today's technology is so unreliable and apply it to our piano playing skills on the Genos, we would have a ton of people who would sound like David Foster or maybe even Oscar Peterson!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:10:44 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline zionip

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2019, 02:36:04 PM »
I have yet to achieve a connection from my Genos to my modem. All other devices (iPad, Andriod, cell phones, laptops....) connect with ease - not my Genos. It sits there for few minutes trying to connect and you can't even cancel the stupid process. The keyboard is basically locked while it continuously fails to find my modem, which by the way, is about 8 feet away!!

As for the clock, I can get it to display on the home page but the time is not right. I live just east of Toronto which means my time code is UTF-5. My clock display is about 8 minutes too fast compared to my PC time display.

As a side rant If we all could recover the time we waste because today's technology is so unreliable and apply it to our piano playing skills on the Genos, we would have a ton of people who would sound like David Foster or maybe even Oscar Peterson!!!

Lee,

Genos only supports 2.4GHz IEEE802.11b/g/n (IEEE802.11n 5GHz: not compatible).  You have to specify the 2.4GHz SID of your router / cable modem with WiFi to make the Genos connect quickly.

If you want to push YEM packages to your Genos directly, your PC needs to connect to the same 2.4GHz SID of your WiFi.

Thanks,
Paul

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »
Thanks, Paul. I discovered my problem. It really helps if you use the correct password!!! I was using the password for my Bell Fibe account, which is slightly different than my modem password. I now have the Genos talking nicely with my home Wi-Fi connection. The time is displayed perfectly and matches my PC time.

The strange thing is though, I had to choose U.S. Central time to get an accurate time. According to the internet, I live in a UTF-5 time area, which is Toronto. That time code does not match my current time. Odd???
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »

You just have to quit asking for upgrades and improvements. Pianos are extremely reliable.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ