Author Topic: Genos bonus downloads  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Al Ram

Genos bonus downloads
« on: December 08, 2019, 07:52:55 PM »
Hello Friends

I see that Genos has some free(?) bonus downloads . . . . see attached picture.

I am trying to download from the list . . . i downloaded the Latin pack but now i do not know what to do with it . . .  The file is in my computer with a file name "Unconfirmed147666.crdownload" . . . how would i  install this into Genos if i wanted to ?

Also, does anyone know if these bonus packs . . . . . contain styles . . . . ?   I am only interested in packs that contain styles . . .

As always . . . your advise is appreciated.

thanks in advance

[attachment deleted by admin]
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline svpworld

Re: Genos bonus downloads
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
Most of them are the audio styles from the Tyros 5. Not really any point in loading them as there are newer styles on Genos that replace them, but they are available should you want to download them. You will probably need to use the Yamaha Expansion manager software to add the styles. The remaining download is the superior pack for the new OS update on Genos. Once you've installed OS2 on your genos, you can install this pack to get new voices and styles, again I used Yamaha Expansion Manager to do it.
By the sound of the file you describe, it hasn't completely downloaded so you've ended up with a partial download in your chrome browser. You need to wait for it to completely download, then you should be able to import it into YEM.

Simon

Roland

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 08:35:47 PM »
Hello Al,

Windows sometimes "forgets" to refresh the temporary download file. If you see the browser being done with the download, but you still see this temp file on Windows, just refresh the Windows Explorer download folder - this will do the trick.

Cheers, Roland

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 08:49:27 PM »
Yamaha provides these downloads as zip archives, each containing a .ppf file to import into YEM, a pdf showing the styles in the pack and a ReadMe.txt file which contains instructions on how to use the pack.

Once you have a successful download you must extract the files from the zip archive in order to load the pack into YEM.

Regards

Ian

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 10:58:16 PM »
Thank you all for your advise.

It makes sense now.   The Latin pack file I downloaded previously was not complete.  It now downloaded completely and it is a zip.  The pdf list shows that the Latin pack contains T5 audio styles.

I already installed the V2 Superior pack into Genos and it is working fine.

Will continue with the other packs . . . but have a question . . .

did anyone installed any of these audio styles into Genos ? is it worth it ? being that they are T5 styles and that Genos probably has newer equivalent styles . . . i am just wondering . . .

thanks again.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
Genos does not come with audio styles, so you might want them.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 01:55:22 PM »
These Packs can now be saved to USER or USB. Just load then from YEM and then save them one by one into a folder on your Genos. After that you do not need to load the packs via YEM.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 07:52:17 PM »
I will try that.  thanks a lot
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 09:58:50 PM »
I never liked the audio styles on the T5. Way too much hype over styles you had little control over. For me, they are no loss. Are these styles just audio styles from the Tyros days or are they actually useful MIDI-based styles?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »
I do not care much for audio styles either. I like to record and copy,  and audio styles do not let you do that. But some like then😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page