Author Topic: Registrations SX900  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

Registrations SX900
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:09:32 PM »
Just received my sx900 and love it but am totally messed up trying to create registration files. I'm used to my Tyros 5 and this is quite different from the get go. As usual, Yamaha doesn't seem to give out too much info about creation of them. Can anyone steer me to a good tutorial?
Kenneth Stenzel

blackpool

Re: Registrations SX900
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:47:34 PM »
I assume you have downloaded the ref. manual - if not that's a MUST

SX works in much the same way as Genos so Youtube is a good option using Genos tutorials for much of the SX's OS.
It is simple, well once you have done one or two. but i found it difficult at first going from Tyros.
You will get there and wonder why in the end you though it was complicated, its not, its just different.

Fred Smith - I am sure will have maybe done some stuff for it, he is very good on youtube.

PM me if your in real trouble, but do check out youtube in the meantime.

Keith

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 06:54:40 PM »
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: beakybird

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:56:51 PM »
Hi Ken,
  Your Tyros 5 registrations will work in your SX. Registrations are made the same way as you would do on previous keyboards. Just select your voices and any effects you want save and press memory button and then the button you want it on. When you have completed a registration then Press Regist at the top left hand side of the screen and then press File which looks like a little folder and then Press save. Now you can give it a name. Tab to where you want to store it and press Save Here. All done.

You must remember that the above link has not been updated with the save procedure that we now have on Touch screen keyboards so may be a little confusing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:02:07 PM by EileenL »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, JohnStarbuck

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 08:45:12 PM »
You're right EleenL, but it is a start.

Otherwise just do a search on Goog and probably you get this tutorial of Heidrun D.

The English part starts at : 24.45 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03f_StCMZ8E

Good luck, Ken and enjoy your SX  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline beakybird

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
It looks like registrations are not backward compatible. Registrations I created on my SX900 won't open on my S970.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 05:39:40 PM »
It looks like registrations are not backward compatible. Registrations I created on my SX900 won't open on my S970.

That's correct.

How would you expect them to make a 970 read a registration format that wasn't invented yet?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons