Author Topic: YEM connection problem  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Rick D.

YEM connection problem
« on: December 02, 2019, 11:09:32 PM »
Hi Guys,
I am trying to get my YEM working on a windows 10 PC to a Genos. I have the Genos connected to my home network and my PC is connected to the same network.
I brought my instrument information via USB to the YEM software and imported it. It is now showing up on the left side of window. I select the pack I want to install and check off all the files in the pack I want to send to the instrument. With the Genos turned on and connected to the wifi, I click on the Send to Instrument button in top right of window and after a few moments it says Unable to establish connection. Am I missing anything?

TIA,
Rick D.

Offline Dave Nuttall

Re: YEM connection problem
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:49:49 PM »
I'm having the same issue.
Just posted the question before I found this item.
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »
Dave,

I kept trying and it fixed itself. I made no changes, and all of a sudden it connected and I was able to load my packs.

Rick D.

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 08:42:54 PM »
Rick,
It's probably too late to figure out what may have happened/changed.
I noticed that my Genos was showing an IP address of 192.168.0.1 which is the assigned address for my router.
What is strange is that I can connect to the Genos from a wireless laptop while the assigned IP address is as above.
I'm not sure what role expansion packs will play for me and I got a couple installed just to see what they were.
Thanks for your followup.
Dave
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 10:24:25 PM »
I sometimes find YEM complains about not finding a wireless connection, even though everything is "connected".
Usually simply clicking on Genos at the left and trying to send again cures it.
John

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »
Dave,

I feel the same way about expansion packs. There are plenty of sounds to work with right out of the box. I only set it up to take advantage of the free ones.

Rick D.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 11:20:49 AM »
Yes , I do find yem connection a bit touchy.
It kept disconnecting even though there was a connection.
Eventually it worked as you all say.
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox