Author Topic: Genos Crash  (Read 5206 times)

Offline soryt

Genos Crash
« on: December 02, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »
Today the worst happened to me on keyboard area, when switching on the Genos the message appears in very small letters at the top left of the display "Formatting" !!
Now I have lost all my settings from the last 2 years!
(yes I had a back up, but he doesn't want to load in the Genos)
Contacted my Yamaha Dealer, is probably a defect in my Genos, I already had many problems with slow loading and freezing up after the V2 update.
I am very disappointed with the Genos at the moment .

Soryt  :'( :'(
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline musicman01

Re: Genos Crash
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Hello Soryt,
this was coming after what I had already read about your problem. I think it is clearly a hardware problem and probably the memory (memory chip) that will be defective.
But that's why you can't be disappointed in the Genos, it's a fantastic instrument. Everything can be defective, also electronics, after replacing the main board everything will work perfectly again.
Of course I understand your disappointment. Everything now depends on how good your dealer is !!!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 01:11:56 PM »
Did you have your user section backed up to a USB  If so dose that still work.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 02:18:47 PM »
Hello Soryt,
this was coming after what I had already read about your problem. I think it is clearly a hardware problem and probably the memory (memory chip) that will be defective.
But that's why you can't be disappointed in the Genos, it's a fantastic instrument. Everything can be defective, also electronics

Isn't one supposed to be disappointed when something is defective?

Best Regards,
.Abby.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 03:28:24 PM »
Today the worst happened to me on keyboard area, when switching on the Genos the message appears in very small letters at the top left of the display "Formatting" !!
Now I have lost all my settings from the last 2 years!
(yes I had a back up, but he doesn't want to load in the Genos)
Contacted my Yamaha Dealer, is probably a defect in my Genos, I already had many problems with slow loading and freezing up after the V2 update.
I am very disappointed with the Genos at the moment .

Terrible news, Soryt. Sorry to hear about your problems, and understand your disappointment.

Hopefully it will be fixed expeditiously for you, but it's a message to all of us to take more backups.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »
I managed to restore my backup files in the USB storage mode, I had made a complete copy in storage mode for the V2 Update of the complete hard disk / SSD.
Now check per file group whether the problem will repeat itself or whether it will stay away.
I am already in contact with Yamaha and my dealer about this problem.
Fortunately I have not lost any important files  :)

Soneg  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber