Author Topic: 2019 CMS christmas gift !!!!  (Read 7452 times)

2019 CMS christmas gift !!!!
« on: December 01, 2019, 09:26:24 AM »
http://www.cms-sounddesign.de/page156.html

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

(Every day, a new free sound until Christmas, like in 2018) ... Last year, most of them were excellent and I still use them a lot...

Sorry.... Should be in another topic (Genos Expansions ...) .... I can't remove it
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:43:23 AM by soundphase »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, jwyvern, Daniel_ARG, thomas750, Aquilauno, Normanfernandez, balcino

Offline Fred Smith

Re: 2019 CMS christmas gift !!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »
http://www.cms-sounddesign.de/page156.html

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

(Every day, a new free sound until Christmas, like in 2018) ... Last year, most of them were excellent and I still use them a lot...

Sorry.... Should be in another topic (Genos Expansions ...) .... I can't remove it

Looks interesting. What do we do with a .ppf file once it's downloaded?

Thanks,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 08:38:59 PM »

Thanks,
Fred

:o
Did you tried to import it in YEM?

Ok, As I see, it is simple. For each day they gives ppf files which contains voices for Christmas ... This 1st December pack contains 2 voices (S & M) of a Cathedral Organ.

You could load each pack individually, as separated packs, or you can create a Pack, name it "CMS Christmas 2019", and import all the downloaded packs (when will be available) into this one. Or to be more realistic, import first pack (to take the picture from CMS as well) and after that , use the Import Content to import the other ppfs in this one. Rename the pack as you want, because first pack is named "1 Dezember 2019" and this is done!

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 08:47:36 PM »
Great. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 10:01:34 PM »
Hi Fred,

you do not necessarily have to install the packs right on the genos. You can also "pre-listen" the Voices in YEM first (over the PC speakers):

Select the desired Pack (in "My Packs"). Double-click on a particular Voice to open the Voice Editor window. Click on the virtual keyboard to audition the Voice. (If the instrument is connected via USB-MIDI, you can also play the Voice from there.)

To close the Voice Editor click on the red "Back" button. Important: If a message appears, do NOT click on "Save", but always click on "Discard" (so that the voice is not accidentally changed).

P.S.
This method (to audition Voices in YEM) only works with non-encrypted Packs (.ppf). It does NOT work with encrypted Packs (.cpf)!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:05:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Roland

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 10:29:41 PM »
And a big THANK YOU to Peter at CMS too !

Cheers, Roland

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 03:57:16 AM »
you do not necessarily have to install the packs right on the genos. You can also "pre-listen" the Voices in YEM first (over the PC speakers):

Select the desired Pack (in "My Packs"). Double-click on a particular Voice to open the Voice Editor window. Click on the virtual keyboard to audition the Voice. (If the instrument is connected via USB-MIDI, you can also play the Voice from there.)

To close the Voice Editor click on the red "Back" button. Important: If a message appears, do NOT click on "Save", but always click on "Discard" (so that the voice is not accidentally changed).

P.S.
This method (to audition Voices in YEM) only works with non-encrypted Packs (.ppf). It does NOT work with encrypted Packs (.cpf)!

Thanks, Chris. Very helpful.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 09:34:38 AM »

Thanks,
Fred
Last year there were 24 sounds including CMS symstrings 2 and CMS horn sect, CMS orch choir, I extensively used for "Once upon a time in the west" here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKG4Z_Pmk0